• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Late in the fourth, its been a really strange game to listen to.

Jacksonville for most of the game has been doing exactly what we might have expected against Chatham.    Physically, the teams seem pretty well matched, but the Crimsons just can't seem to get it done.  Fumbles, penalties dropped balls, failure to score starting with 1st and 2.  Just now, starting from the Titan 12 after a long drive, they managed -18 yards in the next four plays.

It should have been a blowout, but Glenwood only leads 35-21 because they have been penalized so often that the refs hanky arms are tired.  Not little stuff either,  Multiple holding, interference, horse collar  tackles.

The Titans win it but its been sloppy all over.  Reggie Bratton of J'ville  and Hammond of Glenwood have had great personal games and will be a load to deal with when they meet the Cycs, but if what I heard tonight is a fair indicator, its at least possible that last Friday night with Rochester may prove to be the conference title game.  

Over now.  Glenwood 35, Jacksonville 21, and the monkey is still firmly on the Crimsons' back.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

I could see our game with Glenwood settling the Conference title. Their OLine really wore out the Jax defense tonight. Hammonds went for about 200 yds tonight and the other guy, Hack had about 100. I wouldn't be shocked if they win at Rochester in week 6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users