THS 7

Bring on J'ville!

#42 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:31 PM

Should mention that this should be the last SHG v THS game in T'ville for a LONG time.  Next year the matchup is at SHG, and after that THS is out of the conference.

#43 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

View PostOldFan, on 14 September 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Sounds like Ryan Fleischli may have solved the snap situation.

Careful...   :bigsmile:

#44 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

Interestingly, the kid who had all the trouble against Rochester (due to a broken bone in his hand) has been move to tackle and is apparently playing very well - in the pregame show, Coach suggested they may be using him both ways.

I wish to heaven they'd quit doing that.  Seems to me that the last factor separating us from the really top programs is that we insist on playing  few kids both ways.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#45 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:36 AM

View PostOldFan, on 14 September 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

Interestingly, the kid who had all the trouble against Rochester (due to a broken bone in his hand) has been move to tackle and is apparently playing very well - in the pregame show, Coach suggested they may be using him both ways.

I wish to heaven they'd quit doing that.  Seems to me that the last factor separating us from the really top programs is that we insist on playing  few kids both ways.

OldFan, I agree completely.  After watching this strategy fail up in Joliet last year in the playoffs against Joliet Catholic, I really thought there would be changes this year.  About 3/4's of the team played both ways last year and by half-time of the JCA game, we were done.  Put some fresh bodies out there.  There seems to be a lot of talent on the bench including juniors and seniors who have a little more strength or experience than some of the sophmores.  The games like tonight against some sub-par teams would be a good chance to experiment instead of padding the stats for some of the star players.

#46 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostOldFan, on 14 September 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

In a perfect world, yes, but our run defense needs work.  Do you satisfy that by insisting that everyone play only one way or do you continue to find the correct mix, even if that means some kids go both ways?  I think we build depth on the D-line by using the best players.  We've got tremendous talent on the offensive line, talent to spare.  I hope the coaches keep mixing it up until we are strong on the other side.  I haven't heard any logic or seen any game result yet that convinces me we should stop experimenting with the run defense.

I'm gonna trust the coaches to figure it out and they will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users