All.... Coach Leonard on the radio would like Saturday at 1PM. Ratsy

#2 cycs54

cycs54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

I hate conference rematches. (See today) what does SHG have to do to beat chatham? I mean do u show a different look or go with what got you here?

#3 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Not let up in the second half  because they think they have a big lead...
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#4 cycs54

cycs54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Agree with that. SHG has been 90% run this year if they can find a passing game and make the D cover the whole field would he a big help. I do think SHG matches up well with chatham

#5 cycs54

cycs54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Should SHG advance passes glenwood where would the semi finial game be?  ( my sons question. I said just take it one game at a time)

#6 awwwman

awwwman

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

I think Glenwood has an excellent chance to end their losing streak against the Cycs as long as they limit their turnovers this time around.

GO TITANS!

#7 cycs54

cycs54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

I really think SHG is in their heads. Certain teams do well against certain teams. Jacksonville does well against SHG, chatham not so much. Danny can't beat Leonard. Either of them

#8 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,018 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

View Postcycs54, on 03 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

Agree with that. SHG has been 90% run this year if they can find a passing game and make the D cover the whole field would he a big help. I do think SHG matches up well with chatham

All.... They have always had the passing game. If one doesn't use it in a appropriate manner one pulls games out of their posterior. QB Green is a stud that if allowed would throw (with the proper protection) for an obscene amount of  yards. Stop the run, run, throw (we need 7), toss the dang ball often on 1st down... Sorry back to your regular program. Ratsy

#9 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Postawwwman, on 03 November 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

I think Glenwood has an excellent chance to end their losing streak against the Cycs as long as they limit their turnovers this time around.

GO TITANS!

GHS is a good team. I'll be rooting for the Cyclones of course. However, what scares me is not the Titans. SHG has proven the better program year in and year out with only a few hiccups along the way. But Glenwood is a good program. With no GHS wins since 2001, I am just worried about the luck factor...

#10 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postawwwman, on 03 November 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

GO TITANS!

GHS is a good team. I'll be rooting for the Cyclones of course. However, what scares me is not the Titans. SHG has proven the better program year in and year out with only a few hiccups along the way. But Glenwood is a good program. With no GHS wins since 2001, I am just worried about the luck factor...

#11 Mouse Trap

Mouse Trap

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

SHG will win this game rather easily. There is no reason to think otherwise.  There is nobody in this side of the bracket that will challenge SHG.  Stop worrying so much.  SHG by 21.

#12 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostMouse Trap, on 03 November 2012 - 10:36 PM, said:

SHG will win this game rather easily. There is no reason to think otherwise.  There is nobody in this side of the bracket that will challenge SHG.  Stop worrying so much.  SHG by 21.

I hope you're right but I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. IMO Morris would be the favorite on our side of the bracket and after today one might argue for Glenwood being the #2 favorite.

#13 Mouse Trap

Mouse Trap

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Morris lost to Kaneland who got beat easily by New Lenox Lincoln Way West.  It's hard to judge by who played who, but SHG should handle anyone left in the bracket rather easily.

#14 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

View Postcycs54, on 03 November 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Should SHG advance passes glenwood where would the semi finial game be?  ( my sons question. I said just take it one game at a time)

Like, really premature, brother.  Still, you had to ask and I'm too curious for my own good.

SHOULD SH-G take Chatham, we will have had two home games.  Morris was home in games one and two and will be at Washington hich was on the road week one, at home weeks two and three.  By I(P)HSA rule ( http://ihsa.org/Spor...fb/playoffs.htm ) when a bracket is broken into quads, the rule from weeks 2 & 3 will apply - the team with the fewest home games in this year's playoffs will host.  Since SH-G, Morris and Washington would all be at 2 home games at that point, you then go to seeding criteria as of week nine.  SH-G and Morris were both 8-1, but they had 44 playoff points to our 38.  Washington was 8-2.

Therefore, IF we win:  
     If Morris wins, they host
     If Washington wins, we host

Now, Glenwood?

#15 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostMouse Trap, on 03 November 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

Morris lost to Kaneland who got beat easily by New Lenox Lincoln Way West.  It's hard to judge by who played who, but SHG should handle anyone left in the bracket rather easily.

Not wanting to sound TOO distrusting, but you only seem to appear before big games and post opinions that some folks might see as dismissive of the opponent and perhaps somewhat inflammatory in the sense of bulletin board material.  I know others wonder, and if I'm wrong I apologize in advance, but are you really an SH-G supporter or perhaps a Chatham student or fan attempting a little home-grown propaganda?

#16 cycs54

cycs54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Ok good I can give him an answer.  But first. Beat glenwood

#17 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Mouse Trap, I think we've been down your road before.  Thanks for the kind words, but nobody beats Glenwood easily.  That said, eliminate the goofy mistakes and I really like our defensive improvement to go along with an offense that has more weapons than ever.

#18 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:56 AM

No replies from Mousetrap speaks volumes...

#19 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'm a little concerned that Harris, in my opinion the best RB in the conference if not downstate, seemed pretty banged up in the fourth quarter.  The game-tying drive and overtime were played without him.  We've still got a good, if more of a short-yardage guy in Tavion and Hupp might be useful for yards in the right places, but if Harris is slowed we might have to go more to the air - which in my opinions would be better, anyway.  Green is most dangerous on the rollout option because if you do too good a job covering his receivers he is a dangerous outside runner.  Turner is also a dangerous factor that Glenwood has never had to contend with.  I also like the way our D-line and 'backers have come together,  Admittedly, Andy Mills is no Donyvyn Hammonds, but running AT that bunch, a la Rourke, will cause more than a few bruises.  Keep the penalties dow and hold on to the football and I think the odds definitely favor the Cycs next Saturday.

#20 GHSGRAD77

GHSGRAD77

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

View PostOldFan, on 04 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

I'm a little concerned that Harris, in my opinion the best RB in the conference if not downstate, seemed pretty banged up in the fourth quarter.  The game-tying drive and overtime were played without him.  We've still got a good, if more of a short-yardage guy in Tavion and Hupp might be useful for yards in the right places, but if Harris is slowed we might have to go more to the air - which in my opinions would be better, anyway.  Green is most dangerous on the rollout option because if you do too good a job covering his receivers he is a dangerous outside runner.  Turner is also a dangerous factor that Glenwood has never had to contend with.  I also like the way our D-line and 'backers have come together,  Admittedly, Andy Mills is no Donyvyn Hammonds, but running AT that bunch, a la Rourke, will cause more than a few bruises.  Keep the penalties dow and hold on to the football and I think the odds definitely favor the Cycs next Saturday.

I know it was last year, but Turner played in the opener at Glenwood and he had a big game.

Another thing that needs to happen is the qb at Chatham needs to be put on the ground. He escaped several times in the earlier meeting when he could have been sacked. Although he did have several turnovers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users