• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

How are our upcoming tenth graders looking?  Any of them bidding to skip JV and contribute at the varsity level?
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 CTBFTR

CTBFTR

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:54 PM

There are several oldfan.  I have been helping coach this summer and many of them seem like they could get some playing time.  Jake Smith, Zach Rockford, Tyrone Lee.  Just a few of the names to consider.  There will be help from their class and believe it or not also the incoming freshman class.  They have some studs that could help on varisty this year.

#3 cycsarenumber1

cycsarenumber1

Forum Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:02 AM

another sophmore that could be contributing is matt anderson. hes a good kid and he loves to hit! and then there is the subject of "Big D". he has been working out with the offense learning the plays. i saw him knock a couple heads the other night.

#4 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (CTBFTR @ Jul 11 2007, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are several oldfan.  I have been helping coach this summer and many of them seem like they could get some playing time.  Jake Smith, Zach Rockford, Tyrone Lee.  Just a few of the names to consider.  There will be help from their class and believe it or not also the incoming freshman class.  They have some studs that could help on varisty this year.

I have been told that Lee is a real fireball and that on many other teams with less speed he might have even seen action last year.  Anything to that?  

Rockford - a name to conjure with.  Another generation rolls in and the same names come along.  One of the real faces of Cyclone tradition.

#5 CTBFTR

CTBFTR

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:25 PM

Lee is pretty much an exact replica of Andre Pendergrass.  Extremely quick and great vision of the field.  Also, Anderson will se playing time on the offensive line especially if the unit starts to struggle.  Big D will be an absolutely amazing fulback for Coach leonard to use in the run game this year.  He reminds me of a shorter Larry Luster but even bigger than Larry was at this age.

#6 cycsfan2

cycsfan2

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:25 AM

Who is "Big D"? and is Zach Rockford the son of Jim Rockford, (1980 grad), by any chance?

#7 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

tommy's kid
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#8 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (cycsfan2 @ Jul 12 2007, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is "Big D"? and is Zach Rockford the son of Jim Rockford, (1980 grad), by any chance?

Jim is out east somewhere - there was a 'where are they now" piece on him in the JR earlier this year, but I don't recall exactly where.

#9 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (CTBFTR @ Jul 12 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big D will be an absolutely amazing fulback for Coach leonard to use in the run game this year.  He reminds me of a shorter Larry Luster but even bigger than Larry was at this age.

Are you saying he'll be up with the varsity right away?  I'm still leery of the idea of using Hubbard on offense.

#10 CTBFTR

CTBFTR

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Jul 13 2007, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (CTBFTR @ Jul 12 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big D will be an absolutely amazing fulback for Coach leonard to use in the run game this year.  He reminds me of a shorter Larry Luster but even bigger than Larry was at this age.

Are you saying he'll be up with the varsity right away?  I'm still leery of the idea of using Hubbard on offense.

Great possibility.  This kid is quick for his size.  I can guarantee you there is not one person in this state that can knock him backwards if he gets running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users