• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:32 AM

A freshman by the name of Logan Larson was the placekicker for the varsity game last night.  Clearly, MDermott wasn't injured, he played the whole game at DB and loggged an inrerception.

Looking at the freshman and sophomore team photos in the program, I found no mention of Larson on either.  He was pretty good, 4 for 5 on PATs.

Where in the heck did he come from and why didn't he appear until the fifth game of the season????
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Sep 27 2009, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where in the heck did he come from and why didn't he appear until the fifth game of the season????

I saw him play in the freshman game yesterday, pretty impressive leg.

Why not until game #5? I think its because freshmen have to pay some dues before they move into a roll played by an upperclass kid. Freshmen players typically have a scrape with eligibility issues until they get used to the school workload. The varsity team can't build a plan around a player until they are pretty sure he will be there every week.

#3 newcyc06

newcyc06

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Teetime @ Sep 27 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not until game #5? I think its because freshmen have to pay some dues before they move into a roll played by an upperclass kid. Freshmen players typically have a scrape with eligibility issues until they get used to the school workload. The varsity team can't build a plan around a player until they are pretty sure he will be there every week.

He has been with the Varsity. He has been wearing a different # and last night he was brought to the attention of the announcers and radio. He was not on the Varsity roster when the roster was turned in. He has been playing JV Linebaker as well as freshman.

#4 IVCCBSU

IVCCBSU

Forum Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (newcyc06 @ Sep 27 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Teetime @ Sep 27 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He has been with the Varsity. He has been wearing a different # and last night he was brought to the attention of the announcers and radio. He was not on the Varsity roster when the roster was turned in. He has been playing JV Linebaker as well as freshman.

Like someone said earlier he had been wearing a different number, #95,  that is his number on the frosh and JV teams.  He has dressed all the Varsity games.  The frosh team photo has his name wrong but is on the top row wearing #95.

#5 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:48 PM

man!  that kid's got it rough.

- got his name wrong on the team photo
- not on the varsity roster, and therefore not getting any recognition for the first 4 games of the season

welcome to the team logan, and thanks for the contribution.

#6 cyclones2793

cyclones2793

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

Mcdermott has a sore quad, that is why he wasn't kicking last nite

#7 IVCCBSU

IVCCBSU

Forum Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (captain'00 @ Sep 27 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
man!  that kid's got it rough.

- got his name wrong on the team photo
- not on the varsity roster, and therefore not getting any recognition for the first 4 games of the season

welcome to the team logan, and thanks for the contribution.

Check me if I'm wrong but didn't he also play some linebacker towards the end of the game.  I think he even was in on a few tackles.  That kid has to be nervous.  Hey Freshman go make this extra point and now make a tackle at linebacker.  Good job Logan and I also welcome you to the team.

I think he is playing in the JV game tomorrow also.

#8 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

no nerves when he knows that if he screws up, it's someone else that will have their name called.   sneaky.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users