7 replies to this topic

#1 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:17 PM

Anyone know the score of the freshman game Saturday.  I just heard that Springfield dominated the Baby Cycs and SHG freshman lost????  Is this true?

#2 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (linedrive7 @ Oct 11 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know the score of the freshman game Saturday.  I just heard that Springfield dominated the Baby Cycs and SHG freshman lost????  Is this true?

I don't know for sure but it wouldn't surprise me.  It happens fairly often.  Freshman and even JV scores aren't all that important as long as the kids are learning the proper lessons.  What matters is what happens when they're juniors and seniors.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#3 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:04 AM

I think it ended up something like 34-14 SHS. We were running sideways on a muddy field and SHS used some quickness straight ahead.  SHS has talent, as do we, but a lot more work needed. Still very rough around the edges.

Had a 3rd and goal from the 3 in the third quarter that was repelled and seemingly opened up the dam.  Had a chance to make a game of it until then.

#4 cs853

cs853

Forum Member

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (cyclops @ Oct 12 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it ended up something like 34-14 SHS. We were running sideways on a muddy field and SHS used some quickness straight ahead.  SHS has talent, as do we, but a lot more work needed. Still very rough around the edges.

Had a 3rd and goal from the 3 in the third quarter that was repelled and seemingly opened up the dam.  Had a chance to make a game of it until then.

Ok I am not trying to stir things up here, I totally agree with Oldfan about freshman and sophomore football not being as important as varsity, but how can a team beat another team 34-14 and still be "rough around the edges"?????  That just strikes me as an odd statement.

#5 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (cs853 @ Oct 12 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok I am not trying to stir things up here, I totally agree with Oldfan about freshman and sophomore football not being as important as varsity, but how can a team beat another team 34-14 and still be "rough around the edges"?????  That just strikes me as an odd statement.

The answer is simple. When was the last time SHS beat SHG on the varsity football field? gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#6 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (JFLdadGHS87 @ Oct 12 2009, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The answer is simple. When was the last time SHS beat SHG on the varsity football field? gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif

1999, I believe . . .

#7 cycsfan2

cycsfan2

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:24 PM

and 98 and 97. They won 3 in a row during that stretch.

#8 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:21 PM

I was referring to SHG and simply that the core of football players is solid.  Penalties, execution, some disorganization, etc. means "rough around the edges" to me. SHS was the better "team" last Saturday and earned the victory.

If you think the comment is odd because a 20-point loss indicates a more negative assessment of the SHG freshman, you must not have seen the game. A couple plays here or there or improvement of the deficiencies mentioned(and they will be corrected) and it could've been an SHG win.  That's a lot of "ifs", but not enough that makes "rough around the edges" hard to understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users