• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:07 AM

OK, we've already analyzed next year's varsity to tears.

So  how do next year's freshmen look?   cheers.gif
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 90213

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:16 PM

The freshman coming in will be good and they will have some good athletes. However I don't see them having near as much talent or speed or athletic ability as the 09 class. I think it was 5 freshman that dressed during the regular season and 4 actually lettered in varsity. If anyone disagrees I guess we'll just have to wait til the showdown in the Black & Gold Game!!!! rockon.gif

#3 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

The 2006 seasons Freshmen class was stellar. The incoming class will have big shoes to fill. I wish them the best of luck.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#4 abruzzi51

abruzzi51

Elite Member

• Up In Heaven
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:57 AM

How about that freshman coming in from Mowequa next year?  Er, was I supposed to mention that.  No, just forget I said anything.  I was confused.  There is no kid from Macon.  I mean Mowequa.  Or is it Matoon? No, I know now.  There's nobody coming here from more than 30 miles away.  

Wow, JFLdad, I almost got us pushed into a 4.67 ball multiplier! doh!.gif

#5 TheRingoKid

TheRingoKid

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order of importance: Cyclone football, Irish football, Cyclone basketball, SHG non-athletic activities, movies, sci fi television.

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:05 PM

I think we need to check the home ZIP codes of those little idol-worshipping kids who formed a tunnel for the players to pass through at the SHG home basketball games this year. If there was anyone from outside 62702, I'd say that this was pretty conclusive evidence of inducements to come to SHG.

#6 abruzzi51

abruzzi51

Elite Member

• Up In Heaven
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (TheRingoKid @ Mar 3 2006, 11:05 AM)
I think we need to check the home ZIP codes of those little idol-worshipping kids who formed a tunnel for the players to pass through at the SHG home basketball games this year. If there was anyone from outside 62702, I'd say that this was pretty conclusive evidence of inducements to come to SHG.

Ringo, do you mean idol-worshiping as in kids who worship their favorite basketball players or as in those dirty ol' heathen Catholics who worhsip their statues of Mary? If it's the latter, those kids would be better off being raised in some decent peoples' homes instead of where they're at. :lol:

Edited by abruzzi51, 03 March 2006 - 12:40 PM.

#7 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (TheRingoKid @ Mar 3 2006, 11:05 AM)

You are so absolutely right considering CTK is in zip code 62704 and 62711 as well as Little Flower, which is in 62703. What exactly did you mean by idol-worshipping?
"Reclaim the Gold."

#8 TheRingoKid

TheRingoKid

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order of importance: Cyclone football, Irish football, Cyclone basketball, SHG non-athletic activities, movies, sci fi television.

Posted 04 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

All: Sorry-poor choice of terms. Should have used "hero-worshipping". This is what happens when you reach the point where your fingers work faster than your brain.

Edited by TheRingoKid, 04 March 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#9 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:30 PM

Don't you love watching those little kids?  In their minds eyes, they're already wearing the black and gold.  In a few years, all of us old fogeys will be talking of their exploits.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#10 TheRingoKid

TheRingoKid

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:59 PM

It's fun watching the little kids AND the players' gracious indulgence of their youngest and most impressionable fans. Reagradless of what Charles Barkley may think, players are role models for the kids, and it's a responsibility that the players seem to cheerfully accept.

#11 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE (TheRingoKid @ Mar 5 2006, 02:19 AM)
All: Sorry-poor choice of terms. Should have used "hero-worshipping". This is what happens when you reach the point where your fingers work faster than your brain.

All... The only idol worshipers I know are those pagans down route 4.  :wink:  Ratsy

#12 90213

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:59 PM

[QUOTE]All... The only idol worshipers I know are those pagans down route 4.  Ratsy
Well put Ratsy. I couldn't agree with you more.

#13 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Mar 5 2006, 08:35 AM)
QUOTE (TheRingoKid @ Mar 5 2006, 02:19 AM)

All... The only idol worshipers I know are those pagans down route 4.  :wink:  Ratsy

Simplicity can be such an intellectual delight.
"Reclaim the Gold."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users