13 replies to this topic

#1 newcyc06

newcyc06

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 02:31 PM

Does anyone have any information on the incoming freshman?

#2 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (newcyc06 @ Mar 28 2007, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have any information on the incoming freshman?

Gary Wilson's "little" brother Greg is coming as well as another possible in a kid named "Big D." Have seen these two for three years. Very impressive.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#3 CTBFTR

CTBFTR

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

If "Big D" is the kid I remember helping coach at the Cyclone Padded Camp, then all of you are in for a surprise.  This kid is massive.  Thoele-like size at 8th grade and this isn't fat folks.  He is built like a rock and can move very well.  This freshman team should be decent from what I saw last summer in the camps.

#4 cyclones2793

cyclones2793

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:31 PM

I saw them at their workouts, a couple of big kids, bust most of them were medium-small sized. hopefully Greg and Big D are as good as I've heard.

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:57 PM

All.... I hear SHG is getting a 6"2" 230lb lad ( with good speed) from one of my "favorite" school districts.  uhhuh.gif Ratsy

#6 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 09:40 PM

Are eighth grade graduates allowed to work out wth the team prior to the start of the school year?
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#7 CTBFTR

CTBFTR

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

Ratsy, if your referring to our friends down south, then your numbers are a little low.  I heard this kid is massive for his age.  His mom is taking over for the retiring Mrs. Monte in the main office and he will be coming to SHG in the fall.  My friends were in amazement over his size, but we'll see soon enough.

#8 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

All.... I believe were talking about the same individual, hope his speed is "larger" as well.... Ratsy

#9 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:39 AM

All.... Speaking of freshman I keep hearing my "friends" in the route 4 area are going to change the way they conduct business as it applies to their JFL. Maybe some of the Chatham lurkers that frequent this site can clear it up. It is well known (this is as close as I will say anything nice about Chatham.... puke.gif ) that they have an excellent first rate JFL program.

Since Chatham boundries shoot out like a spider and encroach on many homes in the Springfield area their are kids that play on those JFL teams that do not go to the grade school in Chatham. Some of these kids end up as freshman going to district 186 or that parochial school ( whose name escapes me at the moment) and the powers that be are none to happy about it.

The change I'm told is they plan on having a JFL jr high football program and it will be limited to ONLY students who go to the Chatham grade school. I have not heard ( nor really care) about the other sports. Seems that they are upset about the defectors that don't want to play on the Titan team. Until later, Ratsy

#10 vic mackey

vic mackey

Forum Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

I believe they will have ms football this fall but it will only be 8th grade.. not for sure...

#11 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Jun 9 2007, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not heard ( nor really care) about the other sports. Seems that they are upset about the defectors that don't want to play on the Titan team. Until later, Ratsy

Gee, I wonder (danrourke) who (danrourke) came up (danrourke) with this (danrourke) idea (danrourke).

Y'gotta wonder how long its going to take for some of the moneyed elite in Cheat'em (especially the Catholics) to figure out that if they want their kid to win and get help with college, they really need to get homesick to have the boy attend THEIR allma mater?
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#12 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Jun 12 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cornerrat @ Jun 9 2007, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not heard ( nor really care) about the other sports. Seems that they are upset about the defectors that don't want to play on the Titan team. Until later, Ratsy

Gee, I wonder (danrourke) who (danrourke) came up (danrourke) with this (danrourke) idea (danrourke).

Y'gotta wonder how long its going to take for some of the moneyed elite in Cheat'em (especially the Catholics) to figure out that if they want their kid to win and get help with college, they really need to get homesick to have the boy attend THEIR allma mater?

Can I get an "AMEN" or a "Hallelujah?"
"Reclaim the Gold."

#13 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

Can I get an "AMEN" or a "Hallelujah?"

(Ray of sunlight through window)
Jake: The band.....(louder) The band.
Rev: Do you see the light?
Jake: (louder) The band!
Rev: Do...you...see...the...light??????
Elwood: What light?
Rev: HAVE YOU SEEN THE LIGHT?!
Jake: Yes! Yes! Jesus H. (expletives deleted) Christ, I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT!
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#14 cycsfan2

cycsfan2

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:04 PM

The freshmen you guys are talking about is more like 6'2" and 250, and yes, he can move. Don't be surprised if he goes straight to the soph. team. He's a load.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users