24 replies to this topic

#21 ghs1987

ghs1987

Forum Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (CS8Alum @ Sep 3 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love high school football.  Let me just get that out there.  I try to pick a "game of the week" every week and check out the best area teams.  I include underclass games on Sat mornings and Mon nights as often as possible.  That being said, the best-kept secret in Central Illinois is the Glenwood-SHG freshman game.  I have seen that one 4 years in a row now.  Those 4 years include an OT SHG win at Glenwood, a 3 touchdowns in the 4th qtr comeback by Glenwood at SHG to win 3 years ago, and two fairly close Glenwood wins the last two years.  The level of play isn't as high as Friday night, but the passion is there.  
I've already got this one marked on the calendar, especially after hearing that SHG has a big freshman class.  The Glenwood frosh line is the biggest I have seen out there ever.  They have 5 or 6 kids that have the frames to end up in the 6foot+, 280-300lb. range.  I expect a lot of them to show up in varsity games next year.  For all of you fans who just love the game of football, check out some frosh games this year.  It's always fun to know what is coming.

I agree and I think you will be the begining of the next GHS dynasty. I think SHG has run out of gas- especially when your biggest d-lineman is 183- whats up with that.

#22 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (ghs1987 @ Sep 4 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (CS8Alum @ Sep 3 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love high school football.  Let me just get that out there.  I try to pick a "game of the week" every week and check out the best area teams.  I include underclass games on Sat mornings and Mon nights as often as possible.  That being said, the best-kept secret in Central Illinois is the Glenwood-SHG freshman game.  I have seen that one 4 years in a row now.  Those 4 years include an OT SHG win at Glenwood, a 3 touchdowns in the 4th qtr comeback by Glenwood at SHG to win 3 years ago, and two fairly close Glenwood wins the last two years.  The level of play isn't as high as Friday night, but the passion is there.  
I've already got this one marked on the calendar, especially after hearing that SHG has a big freshman class.  The Glenwood frosh line is the biggest I have seen out there ever.  They have 5 or 6 kids that have the frames to end up in the 6foot+, 280-300lb. range.  I expect a lot of them to show up in varsity games next year.  For all of you fans who just love the game of football, check out some frosh games this year.  It's always fun to know what is coming.

I agree and I think you will be the begining of the next GHS dynasty. I think SHG has run out of gas- especially when your biggest d-lineman is 183- whats up with that.

Correction: The SMALLEST D-lineman weighs 183 lbs. If you are thinking that varsity success depends so much on how they do as freshman, you are sorely mistaken. gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#23 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

P.S. This freshman group at CGHS got pounded by Rochester last year. I have seen this CGHS group for four years. They have a long way to go.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#24 ghs1987

ghs1987

Forum Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (JFLdadGHS87 @ Sep 4 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S. This freshman group at CGHS got pounded by Rochester last year. I have seen this CGHS group for four years. They have a long way to go.

What does Rochester have to do with GHS handing out the kick in the pants to the Freshman and Soph's. nod.gif

#25 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (ghs1987 @ Sep 4 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JFLdadGHS87 @ Sep 4 2009, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does Rochester have to do with GHS handing out the kick in the pants to the Freshman and Soph's. nod.gif

Rochester does not have the horses that the SHG freshman team does have. I coached the Rockets for four years and have seen this SHG team for a couple of months. Two different levels of athleticism. If CGHS freshman had so much trouble in past years with Rochester, what makes you think they can beat SHG?
"Reclaim the Gold."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users