• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:06 PM

All.... Well it a bit under two months. Calpreps puts out a pre-season preview. Now one needs to understand computer projections are tricky at best. Especially when generated from last years statistics. Calpreps gets a better baseline after a few games are played. Although the history of this site has a projection success rate usually over 80% it can not be stressed enough computers don't play football. History between rivals, injuries, and even a team having an out of the ordinary good or bad year can't be factored in by the formula they use.

Having said that fwiw here is what they are showing (see bottom of post) for the CS8. A footnote. When going to the Calpreps team versus team projection they show ( at a neutral site)SHG defeating Rochester 31-28. I ran all of the rest of the teams and the Cyclones win those as well. Now this is different then what the site has for final records in the regular season. I'm not sure how much credence they put into home field point wise.

Regardless, much of this is just for fun and getting some talk going. It's a bit too quiet on the board.

:gocycs: Ratsy

SHG .... 8-1
Rochester .... 8-1
Chatham .... 6-3
Jacksonville .... 6-3
Springfield .... 5-4
Decatur (Eisenhower) .... 4-5
Normal University .... 2-7
Southeast .... 2-7
Lanphier .... 2-7
Decatur (Macarthur) .... 2-7 (Watch out for the Brummet brothers, they are "scary" good)

#2 Roamin' Catholic

Roamin' Catholic

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:08 AM

Week 1 Finals

SHG 56 Jacksonville 14
Glenwood 41 Southeast 14
SHS 42 U-High 21

Caught the first three quarters of the Glenwood/SE game. Glenwood started slow, 28-6 at half I believe. Judging from what I saw they're going to try and keep it simple offensively. Lots of runs and short (flat) passes to get the ball in their playmakers' hands. Smart as it was most effective against a SE defense that really couldn't tackle well all night. The front four for SE was impressive at times, plugging holes and getting into the backfield quickly. The 2nd and 3rd levels struggled.

SHG, well, mostly what we expected. Prayers for a speedy return to both talented running backs.

SHS... Well, I think I would have put some cash down if it were legal on the Senators against U-High. I didn't expect them to be so explosive on both sides of the ball, at least from what I've gathered in articles about the game. Scoring on their first five possessions. Impressive. Forcing turnovers early and often, even more impressive. If the train gets the steam rolling watch out CS8. Good start to what we hope is a fine year for the Senators. I know it's early but they look the part, and they certainly played the part in week 1.
Pain is Temporary; Pride is Forever
Quincy Notre Dame Raider Football - Tradition is Everything
Connell Era Playoffs - '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15

#3 cyclops

cyclops

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:28 AM

Wonder if they're ordering playoff tickets up in Lincoln? 😸

#4 Roamin' Catholic

Roamin' Catholic

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:30 AM

View Postcyclops, on 26 August 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Wonder if they're ordering playoff tickets up in Lincoln? ��

View Postcyclops, on 26 August 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Wonder if they're ordering playoff tickets up in Lincoln? ��

Idk, going to have to score more than 7 in a game. But, if you can hold teams to 6 pts you're definitely getting in! All Hail the Rail...Splitters.
Connell Era Playoffs - '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15

#5 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Thoughts on this week by anyone?  Dmac v SHG, Rochester vs Chatham,  SHS v Jacksonville, SEHS v Lanphier , UHigh v Eisenhower

Looks like good week of football...I will be interested in the success of UHigh or lack of success. I don't think they will be Lincoln. I suspect they fill in 3-4-5-6 spot "most" of the time.

#6 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

View PostBobby Hill, on 29 August 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

Thoughts on this week by anyone?  Dmac v SHG, Rochester vs Chatham,  SHS v Jacksonville, SEHS v Lanphier , UHigh v Eisenhower

Looks like good week of football...I will be interested in the success of UHigh or lack of success. I don't think they will be Lincoln. I suspect they fill in 3-4-5-6 spot "most" of the time.

All .... SHG vs MacArthur....  "Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which, in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."  Horace  I like the Cyclones chances in this game and in the weeks to come.

#7 Roamin' Catholic

Roamin' Catholic

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

I'll take SHG by a bunch. However, I'm interested in how Mac's offense handles a sound and disciplined defense like the Cyclones will throw at them. Can they keep the run game going? I think they'll hit the skies a lot more this week and try to get the ball in the twins' hands as much as possible.

Rochester* should take care of Glenwood. Glenwood isn't a terrible football team. Rochester* is just a very good one. Rockets by 30+.

SHS by 28
Lanphier gets there first W.
UHigh finds one of the few bright weeks they'll see this year. Eisenhower needs a lot of work.

#8 cyclops

cyclops

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:53 AM

Those Brummett boys were a load last year and will be this year also. The receiver I believe is headed to Iowa. I do like our defense this year, however.

#9 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

I like SHG, I like Lanphier as well.

I think Chatham won't get rolled but I believe they will get soundly beat in the end. RHS scores so easily sometimes.

I think UHigh will win this one. Plus, I think they have just enough to beat Lanphier, SEHS too. It's the DMac & Jacksonville games I think will be interesting this year for them.  I think they have enough players to win both of those...but not without some breaks.

#10 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:18 AM

All.... Congrats to MacArthur on their 34-32 win over the Cyclones. It was a fun game to watch. Ratsy

#11 cyclops

cyclops

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:33 AM

I believe we ran seven plays where we only needed a yard and couldn't get it. What more is there to say?

#12 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,906 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 12:38 AM

View Postcyclops, on 02 September 2017 - 12:33 AM, said:

I believe we ran seven plays where we only needed a yard and couldn't get it. What more is there to say?

All.... Congrats to the Generals defense?  :knock: Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users