1 PM

#22 Willard

Willard

Forum Member

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:08 PM

Top Bracket - Marian

Bottom Bracket - Metamora (because I need to try to make up some points)

EC #1 - 66

EC #2 - 8

Time - 1:00 pm CST

#23 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Willard @ Nov 17 2006, 08:08 PM)
Bottom Bracket - Metamora (because I need to try to make up some points)

Selling swampland in Florida, eh?

#24 Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 05:02 PM

Woodstock
SHG
1:00 pm Saturday 11/25

#25 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 01:04 AM

Kaneland
SHG
1pm saturday

#26 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:11 AM

Well, the results are in!

This week did not do a whole lot to the standings.  No one got the points-related extra credit questions correct.  We had a few close ones, but, no one was dead on.  The way I interpret it, that means no one gets any points.  OldFan, if you have something else in mind, let me know.

Most everyone who made picks this week received 7 points.  The exceptions are as follows:

*me, jdurham-  only 4 points because of picking Kaneland
*02Grad-  only 4 points because of picking Kaneland
*Willard- only 4 points for completely going against everything he has said all year and picking Metamora instead of SHG
*lilbird3- only 3 points for being totally clueless

So, the new standings are as follows:

39 GusDog
37 Cornerrat
36 DMX
36 Analyst
35 OSUBucks
34 jdurham
34 Oldfan
34 95Cyclone
32 TornadoFan
31 Willard
31 02Grad
29 cyclops
28 Cyclone1
26 CycsFan
24 ftball09
24 CosmicDebris
23 Captain'00
23 theringer
16 cycs2591
12 roncalli
12 cycfan04
10 Abruzzi51
10 cyclones2793
6 friend
3 lilbird3

Hating Kaneland,
josh

#27 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:23 AM

For the next round, maybe we could throw in rushing or passing stats...or maybe results from the other classes.

#28 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (jdurham @ Nov 20 2006, 07:23 AM)
For the next round, maybe we could throw in rushing or passing stats...or maybe results from the other classes.

I think the other seven classes with maybe an extra point question or two -

As for last week, I had intended that the closest person (persons if a tie) would get the credit, but hey, this ways is as good as any other - especially since that last minute Metamora TD screwed my margin prediction  crazy.gif

I'll get the new one u this morning.

You going to be able to join us in Cham-Bana?
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#29 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:56 PM

Well, your initial thought on the scoring would make a difference to cornerrat who, with a pick of 14, was only off by 1 point for the SHG-Metamora spread.
That would propel him into first place with 41 points.

The "total points" winner would be ftball09, and even he was off by 7 points.  We all guessed too high on this one.  Of course, adding 4 points to ftball09's contest score wouldnt really change things too much.

It is your call OldFan.

And, yes, I do plan on being there Saturday.  I am pretty excited about it.  I know it is harder to do in Champaign, but, is there a tailgate planned?  If so, are you gonna be there?  I might try to meet some of these fine people.  I have probably been sitting near and chatting with people from this board during the games all season.  I usually am sitting near a couple of knowledgeable and friendly fans.  I and a lot of my family members sit around the North 40 yard line up in the "big" bleachers, and we are usually a fairly loud group...especially my mom who becomes a total psycho during the games.  :)

-josh

Edited by jdurham, 20 November 2006 - 12:58 PM.

#30 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (jdurham @ Nov 20 2006, 10:56 AM)
is there a tailgate planned?

Let it ride.  There are as many as 36 points available on the last one - that should be enough to allow a smart cookie to mount a comeback.

Yes, Rich says there will be a tailgate on Saturday.  IHSA/U of I provide tents and a few chairs for each of the schools in the finals, so they won't be using the traditional SHG tailgate tent, but there'll be good food and plenty of Cycs fans.  

I figure on getting there by 11 for a 1:00 game.  May leave a little early for the game, though, so I can take my time hobbling over to the stadium.  

I wonder - we will be among friends.  Does anyone think there'd be any point to wearing some sort of name tag with our screen names?  That way ratsy won't have to worry about  a sligtly irate team mother coming up and asking if he was me.

#31 TornadoFan

TornadoFan

Silver Member

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 20 2006, 12:29 PM)
QUOTE (jdurham @ Nov 20 2006, 10:56 AM)
is there a tailgate planned?

Let it ride.  There are as many as 36 points available on the last one - that should be enough to allow a smart cookie to mount a comeback.

Yes, Rich says there will be a tailgate on Saturday.  IHSA/U of I provide tents and a few chairs for each of the schools in the finals, so they won't be using the traditional SHG tailgate tent, but there'll be good food and plenty of Cycs fans.  

I figure on getting there by 11 for a 1:00 game.  May leave a little early for the game, though, so I can take my time hobbling over to the stadium.  

I wonder - we will be among friends.  Does anyone think there'd be any point to wearing some sort of name tag with our screen names?  That way ratsy won't have to worry about  a sligtly irate team mother coming up and asking if he was me.

Name tags would be pretty cool, for me anyway. I have been trying all d*** season to meet you all, without luck. This time, nothing is going to get in the way.

Hal

#32 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (TornadoFan @ Nov 20 2006, 06:00 PM)
Name tags would be pretty cool, for me anyway. I have been trying all d*** season to meet you all, without luck. This time, nothing is going to get in the way.

Hal

I don't know how you could have missed me, Hal. My notoriety seems to be more widespread than i thought.

I was talking to a team father today.  We spoke about various things and I asked him if he'd ever visited the site.  He replied 'only a few times, I need help using the computer'.

Then he said "Who's Oldfan?"    doh!.gif

#33 TornadoFan

TornadoFan

Silver Member

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 20 2006, 09:01 PM)
QUOTE (TornadoFan @ Nov 20 2006, 06:00 PM)

Hal

I don't know how you could have missed me, Hal. My notoriety seems to be more widespread than i thought.

I was talking to a team father today.  We spoke about various things and I asked him if he'd ever visited the site.  He replied 'only a few times, I need help using the computer'.

Then he said "Who's Oldfan?"    doh!.gif

I dont think I will have any problem spotting you. I will look for the light shining from above. You are one of the reasons I got involved. You are a heck of a voice for the Cyclones and I still look for your posts.

abruzzi isnt a problem either....Mrs TF still remembers him hitting on her at the Tville game.  :sure:

My problem is Ratsy...something tells me he isnt really a rodent.

Hal

#34 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (TornadoFan @ Nov 20 2006, 08:42 PM)
My problem is Ratsy...something tells me he isnt really a rodent.

Uh, yes, well...

define "RODENT"

(Sorry Ratsy - I never could pass on a good straight line)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users