23 replies to this topic

#21 77GHSgrad

77GHSgrad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:39 AM

Captain, couldn't agree more. There were about 4 or 5 late hits before they finally called one. Mosher was clearly blocked in the back and then came back with a great stick!

How about the fake punt and they called pass interference on SHG? When you looked up, #61 was 15 yards downfield, but no flag.

#22 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:56 PM

i guess the part i just dont get is the fact that all of this stuff was done right in front of the ref.  they looked and did nothing.  how many times did kavish (i think i figured out #6's name) get up after getting leveled, look at the ref w/ his hands in the air, like "what the heck are you looking at mo-ron?".  i was wondering the same thing.

here's an example of how clueless these guys were...
during the skirmish involving mosher, when they finally threw a flag against metamora, the side judge went back to his position on the shg sideline, and was being asked some questions by coach mcmann.  the ref got all loud and said "coach they were both tied up together and going at it".  ok, what's your point ref?  i won't disagree w/ his assesment, but if he thinks both guys were at fault, then why didnt they call two, offsetting, personal fouls?  i'll be honest, meta got screwed on THIS call b/c both guys should have been flagged, but they sure missed a ton of calls before that.

#23 007

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:40 PM

I stated it before somewhere in a different thread.

I thought the refs did a very good job in this game.

#24 BrokeDad

BrokeDad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

my hats off to the two way lineman who went down mid 3rd qurter. went off for a series or two, had the anke taped, and came back out. true warrior.

Just finished looking thru the SJR coments from the game. Got a good chuckle in reference to Nick "Nails" Thoele.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users