• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

All.... A bit more detail later. But what comes to mind quite simply is defense. Ratsy

#2 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 19 2006, 04:05 AM)
All.... A bit more detail later. But what comes to mind quite simply is defense. Ratsy

Awesome D!!!

#3 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:30 AM

Ran into Michael Steiren's dad before the game.  He said he told #9 that the "line' was 21-14.   MS' response was "they'e not going to score 14 points on MY defense".

'Nuff said!
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#4 GoBirdsGo II

GoBirdsGo II

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:12 AM

After thoughts,  Redbird style.........

A.) First and foremost, thanks one and all for your kind thoughts concerning Mr. Obery. The prayer during the game was much appreciated. After the game we had so many SHG fans and staff express their heart felt condolances. THANK YOU!

B.)Was awesome to meet TeeTime, cornerrat and 007. As well as all the SHG fans I was able to shoot the sh_t with. I also had the unbelievable honor of meeting Coach McMann's Mom, well, maybe it was his younger sister. She was beautiful and awfully young looking. :wink:  Anyways, I gotta tell ya, I love that lady.

C.)Finally got to meet Lisa. She's even more wonderful in person. I'm gonna e-mail Lisa and Deb my cell # and if I hear of anyone giving those two any slack, ever, I'm personally gonna drive down to SHG and open the can of whoop butt Lisa, Deb, my most humble thank you!

D.)That was one helluva ballclub the Birds' played tonight. 'Nuff said.

E.)Kudos to the law officers on duty who sprang into action to aid Mr. Obery. These men, and women, don't get near the credit they deserve for the jobs they perform. After the game I had the opportunity to talk with most of them and you could really see it in their eyes and the tone of their voice that they were truly sorry they couldn't  have done more. Guys, it was God's will and you did your best. That's all you can ask. Thank you!

F.)I agree with our head coach that if you lose, you want to lose to the best. I believe my beloved Redbirds did judt that, lost to the BEST!

G.)I got a hug from Mrs. McMann after the game. Somehow that hug made the loss of Mr. Obery and the sting of losing the game not hurt quite as much.

Edited by GoBirdsGo II, 19 November 2006 - 01:14 AM.

#5 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:25 AM

GoBirdsGo

Congratulations to the Redbirds on a tough-nosed hard fought game.  FWIW, each team held the other to it's lowest one-game score of the season.

I'm sure I speak for others here when I tell you that even though the game is over, you'll always be welcome whenever you choose to visit.  You're a class act.

#6 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:35 AM

Great post GBG2...class act.  You are always more than welcome here.

Metamora is a great program that will undoubtedly reload for next year.

#7 GoBirdsGo II

GoBirdsGo II

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:46 AM

Forgot to mention that it was nice to meet Net as well. How did I forget him? Oooops......

#8 TornadoFan

TornadoFan

Silver Member

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:54 AM

Congratulaions to a fine Metamora team who had a tremendous run this year. Also, I have enjoyed the fan base you have since the Meta/Tville game. Great bunch of people.

To all those who endured a loss last night at the game. Mrs. TF and I extend our condolences.

Congrats go out to SHG. Man.....what a defensive show. Best I have seen this year. I really figured you would shut Meta down after they scored a couple of TD's. No way would I have thought you would come out in "shut down mode". That was awesome!!

Hal

#9 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

All.... I'm not going to get into another feud (unless I have to) with the Metamora people but the opinion on some of the other sites is that SHG was shut down except for the big run back in the second half.

Well you can make that claim if you look at stats, and are still smarting from the loss as I would probably be. But if you want to see the big picture here it is. SHG went into a kill the clock mode with the offense, knowing the defense would styme the Redbirds killing time as well.

I have no doubt what-so-ever that if SHG went to their full bore passing attack in that 2nd half against the Redbird defense you would of seen another 14 points and would now be looking at 33 points from the offense. Time management has always been used as a weapon by the Cycs and last night was a perfect example of just that. Ratsy

#10 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:02 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 19 2006, 11:39 AM)
Well you can make that claim if you look at stats, and are still smarting from the loss as I would probably be. But if you want to see the big picture here it is. SHG went into a kill the clock mode with the offense, knowing the defense would styme the Redbirds killing time as well.

Rat:

Haven't seen other sites today, but I completely agree with the shut-down mode of our offense in the 2nd half.  Let them blather all they want.

Among other things, I give great credit to Kenny Leonard for seeing the bigger picture.  Sitting in the stands, I couldn't help but think we should keep doing what got us here.  Metamora was rock solid on the run D, but there's little doubt we could've effectivley passed the ball down the field in the second half.  I wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation.

Coach said it all when he commented that stats don't mean anything, winning the game is all that counts.

#11 02Grad

02Grad

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:29 PM

Coach Leonard put it best in the article this morning referring to the second half offense:
"We pulled it back," he said. "It's not about stats. It's not about scoring touchdowns. It's about winning the football game. We weren't going to do anything to lose the football game."

If they had any need for it, I have no doubt they could have put a 30 spot on the board.  But when you have the option of running the clock and letting the defense do it's thing then you take it.  If you keep the offense in gunslinging mode you can possibly set yourself up for mistakes and let them back into it.

#12 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:16 AM

Could somebody please post the box score from the Metamora game?

#13 lilbird3

lilbird3

Forum Member

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:54 AM

REFS
i think might have had some bad spots but it wouldn't have won the game for us

#14 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 19 2006, 11:39 AM)

All.... I'm not going to get into another feud (unless I have to) with the Metamora people but the opinion on some of the other sites is that SHG was shut down except for the big run back in the second half.

I have no doubt what-so-ever that if SHG went to their full bore passing attack in that 2nd half against the Redbird defense you would of seen another 14 points and would now be looking at 33 points from the offense. Time management has always been used as a weapon by the Cycs and last night was a perfect example of just that. Ratsy

Amen! Another reason for the offensive shut down was to look vanilla on offense for Saturday vs whoever. I don't see vanilla in the gameplan for this week's 1:00 p.m. gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#15 DMX

DMX

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:49 PM

Well put JFL,

Why show them anything. Burn the clock and kick butt, next game.  Late in the game the clock drain also saved a few plays for the then injured Thoele!  

Anyone heard anything on the status of his injury?

#16 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (DMX @ Nov 23 2006, 10:49 AM)
Anyone heard anything on the status of his injury?

No news is generally good news

#17 Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

It is the final game ....everyone is healthy

#18 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:51 PM

All.... Just checked out once again Chad's video montage (with the REO background music) over on the main page of the IHSS board (go to SHG link page) of the SHG/Metamora game. Its worth another look and if you haven't seen it you need to. Its pretty sweet. I had already forgotten how SHG dominated that game from start to finish.... Ratsy

#19 007

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:51 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Dec 2 2006, 09:51 PM)
All.... Just checked out once again Chad's video montage (with the REO background music) over on the main page of the IHSS board (go to SHG link page) of the SHG/Metamora game. Its worth another look and if you haven't seen it you need to. Its pretty sweet. I had already forgotten how SHG dominated that game from start to finish.... Ratsy

Ratsy....

I have that video and the Glenwood video saved to DVD.  The Metamora one looks great compared to the youtube version.

If you or anyone else is interested in getting a copy, just shoot me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users