• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:16 AM

I can't find the thread where someone posted Birdwatcher's quote about our passive crowd.

I wonder what he thinks tonight.  Seemed purty quiet across the way - or  maybe we just couldn't hear them over our own roaring Cyclone Nation.

I'll give the Metamora fans one kudo.  MOST of them stood by their team to the bitter end.  That's class when you're facing a long, cold dark drive.  

Some folks crept out early in the fourth - maybe those were the Chatham homies who sit over there every night to cheer against  the five-time  CS8 conference champions.  I wonder if they'll drive over to Champaign to buy tickets on the Marian side?

Oh , yeah, I forgot - those are Papists, too.  One more proof that the multiplier works.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 18 2006, 11:16 PM)
I can't find the thread where someone posted Birdwatcher's quote about our passive crowd.

I wonder what he thinks tonight.  Seemed purty quiet across the way - or  maybe we just couldn't hear them over our own roaring Cyclone Nation.

I'll give the Metamora fans one kudo.  MOST of them stood by their team to the bitter end.  That's class when you're facing a long, cold dark drive. 

Some folks crept out early in the fourth - maybe those were the Chatham homies who sit over there every night to cheer against  the five-time  CS8 conference champions.  I wonder if they'll drive over to Champaign to buy tickets on the Marian side?

Oh , yeah, I forgot - those are Papists, too.  One more proof that the multiplier works.

I heard one Cyclone fan say that Metamora's fanbase makes us look laidback.  I must agree.  What rabid supporters of their team!  SHG crowd was great tonight...except for one grumpy old man sitting near the top...

Also, I must say having The Hawk over the PA system is fun...

#3 007

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:11 AM

The fans on both sides of the field were tremendous tonight.  I gotta say that Adam Hawkins was ON HIS GAME tonight.  Great Job by the Hawk.

#4 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

I, for one, have criticized our home crowd at times.  Last night was tremendous, however, and I'm sure we'll be in full force and loud next week.

#5 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:21 PM

Does anyone know what the attendence was?
I wouldn't be surprised if there was 7500 people there.

#6 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

Interesting stat:

SHG has now won 26 straight games at Memorial Stadium (as the home team) - the number goes up to 30 if you include the "road games" against SHS and Lanphier.  Their last loss at home was to Althoff in the 2002 quarterfinals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users