• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 01:56 AM

Anyone know which team is home next week?

Edited by OldFan, 19 November 2006 - 01:56 AM.

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 mship1975

mship1975

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 02:27 AM

I believe they are undefeated and that they have more playoff points than us.  So I think they are home, but it the IHSA and you never know how they determine this.  It could be a coin flip.

#3 DMX

DMX

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:49 AM

SHG is in the finals and have a title to defend. I'd hope IHSA recognizes this and names SHG home team.

Edited by DMX, 19 November 2006 - 03:50 AM.

#4 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:46 AM

We will be wearing white and are the away team.

The IHSA does not look at records or playoff points or rankings.  It is simply the team on the top of the bracket is determined to be the home team.  We are on the bottom half of the bracket.

#5 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 19 2006, 09:46 AM)

The IHSA does not look at records or playoff points or rankings.  It is simply the team on the top of the bracket is determined to be the home team.  We are on the bottom half of the bracket.

How were we the home team last year? Alleman came from the upper bracket, while we were in the lower bracket. doh!.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#6 4A(6afornet)north

4A(6afornet)north

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:high school sports

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (JFLdadGHS87 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 19 2006, 09:46 AM)

The IHSA does not look at records or playoff points or rankings.  It is simply the team on the top of the bracket is determined to be the home team.  We are on the bottom half of the bracket.

How were we the home team last year? Alleman came from the upper bracket, while we were in the lower bracket. doh!.gif

here's last years bracket.....

http://www.ihsa.org/activity/fb/2005-06/5bracket.htm

#7 mship1975

mship1975

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 11:38 AM

I gave the IHSA to much credit I said they would actually go by standings not just they are the North Bracket they are home.  A coin flip is a better way than this.  So using that theory downstae will  ALWAYS be vistors because we are in the lower bracket. doh!.gif   Wow that is a great way to do things.

#8 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:33 PM

maybe i'm missing something, so this is a serious question...

on a neutral site, what's the advantage to being the home team?  color of jersey?  just didnt know if there was something that i'm not thinking of.

#9 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (captain'00 @ Nov 19 2006, 01:33 PM)

on a neutral site, what's the advantage to being the home team?  color of jersey?  just didnt know if there was something that i'm not thinking of.

I think people mainly want to know which grandstand we will be sitting in.  I have put it up at the top of the forum - we will be sitting in the East grandstand.  

If you go in on the wrong side, it is a loooooong walk to the other side...

#10 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (mship1975 @ Nov 19 2006, 09:38 AM)
So using that theory downstae will  ALWAYS be vistors because we are in the lower bracket.

The IHSA rotates the brackets and pairings around each postseason.  Next year, the "Southern" bracket SHOULD be on top and the "Northern" bracket SHOULD be on the bottom.  Assuming there are brackets and not quads next year....

#11 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 19 2006, 02:37 PM)

on a neutral site, what's the advantage to being the home team?  color of jersey?  just didnt know if there was something that i'm not thinking of.

I think people mainly want to know which grandstand we will be sitting in.  I have put it up at the top of the forum - we will be sitting in the East grandstand.  

so we're on the same side of the stadium that we were the last time we played a catholic school in the final...JCA?  if i remember correctly from that year, it was the coldest day of my entire life.  steve, you've been there a bunch i'm sure...is the wind going to be blowing in our face?

#12 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:53 PM

Have we ever played a public school in the finals?

I don't think so.

#13 77GHSgrad

77GHSgrad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:48 PM

I know we played Geneseo one year.

The only bad thing about the East side, besides the wind, is the sun is in your face for the afternoon. Hopefully we have a day just like last year!

#14 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 19 2006, 01:37 PM)

on a neutral site, what's the advantage to being the home team?  color of jersey?  just didnt know if there was something that i'm not thinking of.

Its a long walk to the other side in any case - its just that one is inside and the other outside.

I don't care where we sit - the reason I asked is because I lack the black jerseys.

As for comparing this year to last year, I don't kow that you can.  Last year was the quads.

#15 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (captain'00 @ Nov 19 2006, 01:45 PM)
so we're on the same side of the stadium that we were the last time we played a catholic school in the final...JCA?  if i remember correctly from that year, it was the coldest day of my entire life.  steve, you've been there a bunch i'm sure...is the wind going to be blowing in our face?

We played a Catholic school last year (Alleman)  bigsmile.gif

Anyway, yes we will be sitting on the same side as we did in 03 against JCA.

And the weather will be vastly different from two years ago (that was miserable - along with '95) and even different from last year.  The high is supposed to get in the low 50's with light winds.  With those huge grandstands blocking the field, I don't expect the wind to be an issue at all.  We also have the advantage at playing at 1pm instead of 10am - the temperatures normally reach their peak between noon and 2 pm. this time of year.

1975 - JCA
1982 - Geneseo
1995 - Providence
2003 - JCA
2005 - Alleman
2006 - Marian Central

#16 4A(6afornet)north

4A(6afornet)north

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:high school sports

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

Don't worry.....it was BEAUTIFUL when we sat on the east side last year dance.gif

#17 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:00 AM

Does anyone recall whether you can enter through the east side gates?  Does a driveway or other access exist on that side?  And is there any parking around there.  Unless the University offers some sort of shuttle there is no way I can walk that far.  I'll probably have to have Martha drop me and go park the car.  That or start over to the field at noon for a 1pm game.

All seating is gen adm, right?

#18 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

Old Fan:

You will have to enter East gates if you want to sit on East side.  There is no access to the other side once inside.

There's a bunch of handicap parking in the Assembly Hall lot, just across the street(Kirby) South of the stadium. The attached map shows 50 spots on the NE Assembly Hall lot, enter from 4th St.  That's pretty close.  I think you'll find the parking folks/traffic very accomodating.

http://www.athletics.uiuc.edu/facilities/p...rking%20Map.pdf

#19 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

All.... Don't forget that there will be a tailgate under the big tent Saturday. The IHSA sets up a group of these tents for the fans. It was great last year and I'm sure it will be just as much fun. The tent will be a little closer since its a 1:00pm game. Don't remember what side they were on last year but its worth going to it OldFan for the festival atmosphere. Ratsy

#20 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:40 PM

I have every intention in the world of being at the tailgate.  its he last chance anybody will have for a shot at me until next August  knock.gif   Besides, why in the world would I want to eat that overpriced  and tasteless stadium food when Rich is cooking?

We figure on being there BY 11, but maybe around 12:30 or so moving the car to lot or street parking closer to the east side of the stadium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users