#21 cyclones2793

cyclones2793

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 19 2006, 09:46 AM)
We will be wearing white and are the away team.

The IHSA does not look at records or playoff points or rankings.  It is simply the team on the top of the bracket is determined to be the home team.  We are on the bottom half of the bracket.

i've heard that there is a very good chance of bringin back the old puurple jerseys for saturdays championship game that is of course if coach Leonard can find them

#22 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (cyclones2793 @ Nov 20 2006, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 19 2006, 09:46 AM)
We will be wearing white and are the away team.

The IHSA does not look at records or playoff points or rankings.  It is simply the team on the top of the bracket is determined to be the home team.  We are on the bottom half of the bracket.

i've heard that there is a very good chance of bringin back the old puurple jerseys for saturdays championship game that is of course if coach Leonard can find them

Well we can bring back the old school WHITE jerseys.  There's no way that IHSA would let two teams wear dark colors that are playing against each other...

#23 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:55 PM

Is this their home uniform or a bunch of Santa's larger elves?  Now we know their secret - they win by blinding the opponents with all that bright, shiny red.

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#24 77GHSgrad

77GHSgrad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:03 PM

Old Fan:

During the U of I season, they had a shuttle going from the parking lot to the stadium. IIRC, Kirby is closed between 1st and 4th Street during the game. I would believe they will have a shuttle or two running. Ask a cop and you might even get a ride in the backseat of the squad car!

As mentioned earlier, Assembly Hall parking has the handicap parking available. Just remember, if you pay at one lot, I doubt they let you go to another without paying again, but I'm not sure. If you have to go around, go South on 1st to St. Mary's Rd. and turn left. Go until the next street, 4th, and turn left again and go to the second parking lot.

#25 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (77GHSgrad @ Nov 20 2006, 10:03 PM)
Just remember, if you pay at one lot, I doubt they let you go to another without paying again, but I'm not sure.

I don't recall paying for parking last year.

#26 77GHSgrad

77GHSgrad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:03 AM

I think parking is $5. They will try to get you anyway they can. FYI, gas prices jumped here in Champaign today $.21 a gallon, just in time for the holiday and the football games.

#27 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (77GHSgrad @ Nov 21 2006, 11:03 PM)
I think parking is $5. They will try to get you anyway they can. FYI, gas prices jumped here in Champaign today $.21 a gallon, just in time for the holiday and the football games.

Same in Springfield, but I thinkit was just the holiday.  Unless they're thinking about the thousands of Spriingfield folks driving to Champaign on Saturday....
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#28 TheRingoKid

TheRingoKid

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order of importance: Cyclone football, Irish football, Cyclone basketball, SHG non-athletic activities, movies, sci fi television.

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (cyclops @ Nov 21 2006, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (77GHSgrad @ Nov 20 2006, 10:03 PM)

Just remember, if you pay at one lot, I doubt they let you go to another without paying again, but I'm not sure.

I don't recall paying for parking last year.

We didn't pay because we were there so early that the money-takers hadn't arrived yet. As I recall, the first wave of the Cyclone Nation arrived just after sun up to set up the tailgate in the tent. Don't have to get up before the roosters this year though, so $5.00 is well-spent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users