SHG vs Woodstock Marian Your Thoughts....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#21 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Hurricane Fan @ Nov 21 2006, 05:55 PM)
QUOTE (ispaiu @ Nov 19 2006, 11:47 AM)
QUOTE (JFLdadGHS87 @ Nov 19 2006, 11:14 AM)
The difference was that Montini had since last November to prepare for SHG, thus bringing everything to the table for the first game of the season.

I respectfully disagree, as I don't think the first game of the year is a very accurate way to judge either the winner or loser of that game.

I would be interested to hear some Montini people weigh in on SHG---MCC

In response to ? about Montini's thoughts.  Marien played the Broncos (Montini) in the first round and soundly beat them.  This was the Hurricanes 2nd victory over Montini this season, first 1 was a close game.

After the playoff game, while the Marian team was huddled at midfield, the Montini head coach spoke to the team.  According to the paper, he told them they have what it takes to WIN STATE.  Coming from a coach who has won several titles, give that statement some validity.

I think the game will be low scoring with the Hurricanes scoring in the last 5 minutes to take the lead and holding off a valient onlslaught by SHG to preserve the victory.  

Field position will be critical with the caliber of both teams.  Marian's kicking game is lead by an All State Soccer player.  Kicking off the turf in Champaign may lead to some long field goal attempts.

If you want to ream more articles about Marian goto mchenrycountysports.com.  Click on schools, scroll down to Marian.

Go CANES.

Welcome to the board Hurricane Fan.  I am looking forward to this game.

Those MC boys look to be quite large and quick on that line - going to be tough to block as well as defend.

#22 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 01:45 PM

It generally takes more than two great linemen  to make a Championship team.

Edited by OldFan, 21 November 2006 - 01:48 PM.

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#23 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:56 PM

A couple of  things from the video. One, Kaneland's line had difficulty with that defensive front, but seemed no bigger than Cheatham or Taylorville or Metamora. Second, they ran the ball in that big defensive sequence from under center and without the aid of a bruising fullback such as a Stieren or a Hubbard, or even both. Passing game for Kaneland didn't seem that fluid, either. gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#24 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 21 2006, 12:45 PM)
It generally takes more than two great linemen  to make a Championship team.

Good point and I agree. Our success might boil down to "O" Line play. If BB has time to set up, make his reads and throw, it's us. If they rush like hell, I think you'll see lots of shovel passes and a reliance on the running game. The one thing I really haven't seen since Montini is a monster rush. Also I think we'll see an offense such as the one Edgy described after the CG game----"lots of dinks and dunks with effective downfield blocking" In other words, Leonard's smart enough to just run AROUND the big boys. I have faith in Leonard, I have faith in our boys, and no, I don't think two big fellas, no matter how mobile, can control the game. They will be faced with the same dilemma every SHG opponent all year has faced---defend the run, or defend the pass? With the two big guys, they might be able to do both better than any team so far. Should be interesting but again, Leonard wasn't born yesterday and will go with what works, and will adjust if it doesn't.
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#25 D Cup

D Cup

Forum Member

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Here's the link to what Montini coach had to say.

http://www.mchenrycountysports.com/article...d5283827585.txt

Prepare the children as they have seen nothing like the hurricanes before.

Again no comment on the game as I can find very little on your team.  Most of the info is either on this site (understandably bias)  or sites like Maxpreps where your own team has to supply the info.

These questions are asked with no disrespect just trying to gather some facts.

Are any of your players ranked anywhere on legitimate polls?

Have any been offered D1 scholarships?  Have any committed?  (Not interested in d11 or d111 scholarship info)

Why is SHG ranked where it is considering they are defending champs?

How come there is so little info on your team considering the state championship, and undefeated season.

Before you answer that your to far from Chicago, we are 70 miles from the city and have had no one from the big papers at our games either.

We also are a private school, with big names around us getting the headlines in the paper.

This is your site and Iím just a visitor seeking facts.  Verbal battles can take place on other sites, but I will show disrespect for your team while here.

I'm looking for some real answers not a rant or argument.  The more info, the more fun for all fans, at the big game.

#26 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE (D Cup @ Nov 21 2006, 09:11 PM)
This is your site and Iím just a visitor seeking facts.  Verbal battles can take place on other sites, but I will show disrespect for your team while here.

First, I'm trying to figure out why you would come here and disrespect our team.

#27 D Cup

D Cup

Forum Member

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:09 PM

Forgot the  "no"

#28 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:25 PM

Class is a trite word. Let's have some trash talkin' fun here! Here, I'll start...

Marian is a girly girl name.

Edited by ChicagoCyclone, 21 November 2006 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

#29 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:41 PM

i'm going to try to do this w/o acting like i'm offended by your questions.  

too late.

don't tell us that you're not near chicago.  the chicago papers don't even acknowledge most schools south of I-80 during the regular season.  and during the post season, most writers who pick the games, just pick the school that's closest to chicago.  i'd be surprised if we were even picked to make it out of the first round.  just an example, one paper, listed two players as bieng on our team, bobby brenheisen, and andre pendagrass.  andre transferred at the end of last year and didn't play a down for shg this year, that's how much they pay attention to southern schools.

"prepare children blah blah blah" - is that you, suggesting that our team is made up of a bunch of "children"?  haven't lost a game at any level of high school football to this point.  won the state title last year.  and are having their way w/ all opponents this year.

all your other questions will be answered on saturday, when the "children" send you and those nasty red getups, home w/ your first and only loss of the season.

#30 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:20 PM

No D1's that I know of, though I know Brenneisen visited Iowa, or at least I heard he did
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#31 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:41 PM

You mean #1?

Posted Image

#32 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

my prediction for saturday (call me the swami)

in the middle of the fourth quarter of the class 5A state title game, there will be an anouncement over the loud speaker..."Can the mother of 11 unruly children dressed in white and gold, please get your kids off the field?  they are beating the marian catholic hurricanes w/in an inch of their lives, and i think their quarterback is crying"

gocycs.gif

#33 D Cup

D Cup

Forum Member

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 06:59 PM

I don't mean the IHSA, thats not a poll it's seeding and actually SHG was 3rd.  I looked that up and all it tells me is that you had less playoff points.  

I will can provide you with some links from local papers of teams we played, this will give you a unbais review.  Thats what I'm looking for.

#34 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:11 PM

D Cup:

I am not offended by your post, even though I don't get the "prepare your children" comment.  I also agree that you probably don't get much Chicago pub, except they do have you ranked 7th among area teams.

To find out more about the Cyclones, you could get a tape of last year's championship game from IHSA, but it's getting a bit late for that.  We have a lot of the same kids who won it all in Champaign last year, except that they're a year better.  Our key losses have been filled admirably.

Our defense is quick and strong, very difficult to run on and our secondary practices daily against the best QB in the state.  You will have your hands full moving the ball.  So far we've stopped the state champion track team, Jerome Bettis and the rest of the Steeler OL(BMAC) and a quick and extremely athletic Metamora team.

Our offense is unlike any you will see.  We all know you beat a highly touted passer last week, but my guess we're talking a whole different level now.  We will come at you in every imaginable way, long/short, up the middle, around the end, running, passing.  When you stop something, as you no doubt will, we will show an entirely different attack without blinking.

Your guys look big and strong and have had an impressive run.  I look forward to seeing how we match up.  Sounds like you have a good kicking game also, but don't count on an advantage there.  Our kid kicked two med(long for high school) FG's in the Championship Game and he's still here.

Sorry for the long post.  Hope this gives you a better picture of your opponent.

Edited by cyclops, 21 November 2006 - 07:14 PM.

#35 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (D Cup @ Nov 21 2006, 03:11 PM)

Again no comment on the game as I can find very little on your team.  Most of the info is either on this site (understandably bias)  or sites like Maxpreps where your own team has to supply the info.

Have any been offered D1 scholarships?  Have any committed?  (Not interested in d11 or d111 scholarship info)

How come there is so little info on your team considering the state championship, and undefeated season.

Before you answer that your to far from Chicago, we are 70 miles from the city and have had no one from the big papers at our games either.

We also are a private school, with big names around us getting the headlines in the paper.

I'm looking for some real answers not a rant or argument.  The more info, the more fun for all fans, at the big game.

Some of these young men saw and played against Joliet Catholic in 2003 in the state title game. Sir, I know Joliet Catholic. He is a friend of mine. Sir, you ARE NO Joliet Catholic! gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#36 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (D Cup @ Nov 21 2006, 09:11 PM)

All.... Oh my I wonder when it would start the wind is blowing.

D Cup I have enjoyed TinCup's responses to yours before the Kaneland/Marian game.

In response to your post.

Its your coaching staffs job to gather information on the Cyclones, what do you want the SHG game plan roll_eyes.gif Cahokia like thinking....

I don't think the SHG players like being called children and will have something to say about that on the field Saturday.

As for Coach Andriano's comments maybe a bit more explanation from the rodent. What is so surprising about the content of that atricle. Your both in the SCC and have beaten them twice, he would like to see your team go all the way. Especially since the Broncos have not one win against the Cyclones as of yet.... Ratsy

#37 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:45 PM

Sakamoto has us picked to win, but he's also the guy who thought Pendergrass was still with us. That pretty much discredited him as a high school football analyst in my book.

We can talk all we want, and we can listen to all the bull s*%t that flows from D Cup's manzier (or bro, which ever you prefer), but it's going to come down to what transpires on the field.

Now, since the next four days will seem like an eternity, enjoy this old family photo I found of D Cup whilst we wait...

Posted Image

#38 D Cup

D Cup

Forum Member

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:47 PM

Ok your missing the point.  Few, if any of you have seen Marian play.  I have never seen SHG play and therefore know little about them.  I spent some time looking and could find little.  None of my questions are even about the game plan, your right that is the coaches job.  Wouldn't you as a fan, like to know more about the team your playing.

As far as the Montini article, someone from your side actually asked what a common opponent thought.

As far as Kaneland, I went to see them play, read about them in the local paper, read the scouting report on Boone.  That is how I knew what to expect in the game.

So get real, this is for fun.

Montini
http://www.libertysuburban.com/story.php?pub=1&sid=69986

Kaneland
http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/20...ts/sports01.txt

Dixon
http://www.saukvalley.com/articles/2006/11...67469721491.txt

Lemont
http://www.libertysuburban.com/story.php?pub=1&sid=71216

Here's a few articles from local papers you might find interesting

PS Its a quote from an old movie, except it's hurricane not hurricanes

#39 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (D Cup @ Nov 22 2006, 12:47 AM)
Ok your missing the point.  Few, if any of you have seen Marian play.  I have never seen SHG play and therefore know little about them.  I spent some time looking and could find little.  None of my questions are even about the game plan, your right that is the coaches job.  Wouldn't you as a fan, like to know more about the team your playing.

As far as the Montini article, someone from your side actually asked what a common opponent thought.

As far as Kaneland, I went to see them play, read about them in the local paper, read the scouting report on Boone.  That is how I knew what to expect in the game.

So get real, this is for fun.

Montini
http://www.libertysuburban.com/story.php?pub=1&sid=69986

Kaneland
http://www.daily-chronicle.com/articles/20...ts/sports01.txt

Dixon
http://www.saukvalley.com/articles/2006/11...67469721491.txt

Lemont
http://www.libertysuburban.com/story.php?pub=1&sid=71216

Here's a few articles from local papers you might find interesting

PS Its a quote from an old movie, except it's hurricane not hurricanes

All.... There is plenty of film roaming about if you know when and where to look. I have seen enough to form an opinion. At this stage of the playoffs there are no weak or bad teams. Having said that I like SHG's chances.... Ratsy

#40 tincup1215

tincup1215

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:04 PM

Oh good, I'm not the only one who thinks D Cup is a jackass.  

You've pissed off Edgy, Turk, and now you move on to the SHG board.   :super:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users