SHG vs Woodstock Marian Your Thoughts....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#41 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:07 PM

This IS fun, DCup!

Posted Image

#42 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

#43 D Cup

D Cup

Forum Member

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:39 PM

Tin,

I'm glad to see your over the loss.  You should have listened to me about the Marian/SHG Championship, and you would have saved yourself alot of heartache.

And how you might ask, did I know it would come down to these two teams, research my fine man and that is what I'm trying to do.

#44 chgoalm

chgoalm

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (D Cup @ Nov 21 2006, 05:59 PM)
I don't mean the IHSA, thats not a poll it's seeding and actually SHG was 3rd.  I looked that up and all it tells me is that you had less playoff points. 

No, the IHSA isn't a poll or ranking.  What is, however, is the AP poll, which has had SHG at #1 the entire year.  The #2 team in the final poll was Metamora.  SHG has also been ranked regionally in some national rankings.  I believe Student Sports and another poll both have SHG ranked in the top 10 in the midwest.  I'm not 100% since I'm not a subscriber, but I believe EdgyTim has also had SHG at #1 in 5A all year.  So, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove with this "Why is SHG ranked where they are, yada, yada" question.  Above Marian Catholic, that's for sure.

Edited by chgoalm, 21 November 2006 - 08:42 PM.

#45 tincup1215

tincup1215

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

Well research my fine man says SHG is going to put a hurting on Marian.  And yes I'm over the loss, I just don't like arrogant pricks like you.

#46 D Cup

D Cup

Forum Member

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:02 PM

Now were getting somewhere.  At no point did I ever say anything about Marian.  The AP poll I know already, but there are others where you are further down the list, just trying to see their reasoning.  AP had us picked to finish 4th in SCC and not even make the playoffs.  This is not my dad can beat up your dad I'm just trying to find out about the players.  And yes all this will be settled on saturday

#47 chgoalm

chgoalm

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (D Cup @ Nov 21 2006, 08:02 PM)
AP had us picked to finish 4th in SCC and not even make the playoffs.

Uh, Robert Burns does the AP rankings for 5A, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't rank who will finish where in the SCC.  The only ranking I've seen where SHG isn't #1 in 5A is a computer ranking, which is so bogus it sometimes would have 1A and 2A schools over 8A schools.  If you're trying to get into a pissing match about who is considered the better team by pollsters this year, you're going to lose.

#48 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 11:45 PM

hehehe,  my turn

Here's the link to what Montini coach had to say.

Hmmm, I wonder if Andriano could have said what he said because:
  1:  He's faced the Cyclones five straight times and had to consume five heaping helpings of whup-a$$;
   2:  He's still crying over not getting the SHG job; or
   3:  He's supporting his conference

Prepare the children as they have seen nothing like the hurricanes before.

As I told one of the Metamora kiddies last week, son you have never SEEN the kind of team coming your way next Saturday.  Pray you never do again.

Again no comment on the game as I can find very little on your team. Most of the info is either on this site (understandably bias) or sites like Maxpreps where your own team has to supply the info.

These questions are asked with no disrespect just trying to gather some facts.

Are any of your players ranked anywhere on legitimate polls?

No, they just kick the butts of the ones that are.

Have any been offered D1 scholarships? Have any committed? (Not interested in d11 or d111 scholarship info)

Meaning what?  Your big ol' boy just puts his pants on one leg at a time like anyone else (unless her requires help?)   All the publicists' hype in the world never scored a sngle touchdown.  Remember Ryan leaf?

How many Marian grads are currently starting at D1A and D1AA universities?

Why is SHG ranked where it is considering they are defending champs?

Do you mean #1 in 5A ever since Week seven of the 2005 season?  If I'm not mistaken, Marian didn't even get rated until about week six and never got over seventh.  Maybe the ranking is due to being undefeated in 27 straight games and the defending State champ.  Or #12 in the Midwest in Sporting News' School Sports?  I am having trouble finding Marian's rating there, by the way.

How come there is so little info on your team considering the state championship, and undefeated season.
Before you answer that your to far from Chicago, we are 70 miles from the city and have had no one from the big papers at our games either.  .

How come you can't figure out how to read newspapers south of McHenry county?

This is your site and Iím just a visitor seeking facts. Verbal battles can take place on other sites, but I will show disrespect for your team while here.

That's a pile of crap and you knew it.  The whole silly thing screeams disrespect.

I'm looking for some real answers not a rant or argument. The more info, the more fun for all fans, at the big game.

I believe the others have given you a few citations of information.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#49 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:49 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users