• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hurricane Fan

Hurricane Fan

Forum Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:14 AM

Alright enough of the trash talk......although a little bit is why I am typing on my computer at 11pm on a Tuesday night (its 11:42 when I'm done).  I should be sleeping preparing for the Turkey bowl on Thursday....hopefully I won't pull anything.

Lets play the game we show something....you show something.  

Being a fan, the more you know about your opponent the more impressive I can be to my friends during tailgating with my predictions of how the chess match will be played.  

Believe me this game will be a chess match, not checkers.

The Hurricanes will line up an outstanding Offensive force that starts with the line.  Only 1 senior, 59 Bulaga (b-la-ga), with 4 juniors (see you again next year)......but this force has been playing together the last 2 years (not very good last year).  

As I am sure you know, Bulaga, signed with Iowa during his Junior year.   The other block of granite is 77, Cwynar (pronounced c-nyr).  Our QB is in his 2nd year starting (pronounced bud-meyer)....not bad for a 15 year old....yes he is a Sophomore playing like a Senior.....started every game during his high school career.....even when he was full of pimples and afraid to talk to girls....probabulary still is.

Last week against Kaneland, 4th Qtr, Marian up by 8, 3rd and short, about 8 minutes left....play called was post across the middle which cumulated in a Hurricane TD....about 30-40 yards.  Kaneland was stacked for a run.  Fooled them!

You may of noticed on the videos Marian likes to run the counter.  The coaches have allowed me to divulge this information for 3 reasons.  1- they will raise my sons tuition, I'll take my chances, 2-we can run to either side....with anyone who lines up in the backfield.  Star running back for the first 8 games has a torn  ACL....still plays, but mainly at linebacker (will have it repaired next week as a State Champion, parents are hoping for a discount).  His backup is genrating as good, if not better numbers, 3-I promised to attend confession in the next 30 days.  

Have to add a 4th- I think your coaches will noticed the counter.

As I stated, the offensive line is a Force....reminds me of the Green Bay Packers during the Vince Lombardi era.  Actually, coach Brucker looks a little like Lombardi....hopefully this won't be the Ice Bowl...although a sloppy track (Rain) would help Marian.

Defensively......not much more I can say.  The line will put pressure on your QB...just review the video of Kaneland or any other game.  The linebackers are steady....they are fundamentally sound like the defensive backs.  The backs are extremely athletic....able to make the big play (review video).

Special teams....not a strength but not a weakness.  I don't think we have broke the big play on a return....unless against an extremely inferior opponent....but I don't recall the opponent breaking a play on a punt or kickoff....good coverage.

Kicking team is strong....good coverage and deep.

Marian is a disciplined team that does not make mistakes....but capitalizes on their opponents mistakes.

Now your turn.....if you have a reply.  (nothing like throwing a snowball at the biggest kid in school)

Go Canes.

#2 ctbftr1

ctbftr1

Forum Member

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:56 AM

yea, we have watched film and your offensive line is that much of a force! and we all know who the real state champs will be next week, i hope that running back can get his knee repaired while he is in the state of depression!

#3 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:14 AM

SHG is pass-happy, and our defence is just plain lucky.

SHG has really just been real lucky, especially this particular senior class - none of which have lost a game, frosh, soph, Juniors, and now seniors - never lost one game.

That's a whole lotta luck, I guess.

Maybe they're pretty good after all.

Seriously, you'll be amazed when you see these kids play.  I know I have been.

Their speed, quickness, athleticism, strength and discipline is unbelievable.  I'm talking about EVERY kid too, not just a couple of guys on each side of the ball - every kid that will touch the ball could take it to the house.  The coaching is also excellent, and they will be prepared for whatever the other team tries to do.

Your boys better be ready.

#4 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 11:07 AM

Hurricane Fan:

That seemed like a very reasonable post and I think it deserves a reasonable response.

I noticed that your O-line is very big, and very good. The strength of our team is it's D-line, so that should be a good match-up. Our defense is not nearly the size of some of the teams you have already faced, but they are quick to the ball and they have held most of our opponents to yardage and scoring totals well below their season averages (as has your defense).

On offense, I think you would have to say that we are a "pass first" team. The coaches however will determine that if the defense insists on taking away the pass at the expense of the run, we will run. We have two or three running backs who's season stats won't knock your eyes out, but who are way better than average.

The two linemen you mentioned from the Canes are both D-1 type players and we might not have a D-1 guy on the squad (will have to see during the recruiting season) but the only thing keeping a few of them out of that catagory is size.

You would have to say that the star of our team is the QB. He is a very smart and athletic kid, who makes great decisions on the field and has a fantasic throwing touch. In last year's championship game he set a few records (for most attempts, most completions I think, maybe most yardage passing) because that's what the RIA defense was giving that day.

I expect that this game will be more of a defense dominated game than last year's championship game was. I think something in the order of 17-10 would be the final score.

Hope you have a safe trip down, and that all the players on both teams enjoy the championship game experience. For most of the kids it's a once in a lifetime type of event. We have been very blessed to have made it three of the last four years.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 12:03 PM

All.... What is it with you guys. I'm not going to give you anything of worth (and certain members of Cyclone Nation should know better) go get it if able from some of the other disgruntled teams that lost.... I sincerely hope this is the last post from Cyclone fans on this thread other than to tell you to go take a flying leap.... Ratsy

#6 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hurricane Fan and D Cup:

As you can see, we're really starving around the board here for a fight.  You two just aren't ornery enough.  Can you please re-register as 17-year olds that want to kick all our arses, including posters.  

You see, the Metamora folks were too nice and the Cahokia people didn't show at all, so we need something to set us off(except for Chicago Cyclone who seems to entertain himself).

#7 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 22 2006, 05:03 PM)
All.... What is it with you guys. I'm not going to give you anything of worth (and certain members of Cyclone Nation should know better) ... Ratsy

Ratsy, I'm guessing that was meant for me.

Do you think I gave away any big secrets? If so, you can blame me if we win by fewer than two TD's.  :happy:

I have no problem with treating those from other teams, who want to come to this site and have a civil discussion, with respect. When the visitors are from a fellow Catholic school I am very accommodating. If the tone displayed by the visitor is less than friendly, I either won't respond or will dish it right back.

Hurricane Fan did not seem like a coach or player, but an interested fan. He gave some information and asked for some in reply. I'm happy to respond to fans like that, and will continue to do so.

#8 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 22 2006, 10:03 AM)
All.... What is it with you guys. I'm not going to give you anything of worth (and certain members of Cyclone Nation should know better) go get it if able from some of the other disgruntled teams that lost.... I sincerely hope this is the last post from Cyclone fans on this thread other than to tell you to go take a flying leap.... Ratsy

As it should be.  I have no ill will for a fellow Catholic school beyond wishing a defeat on them Saturday, but neither do I believe in giving away anything useful.
They have the tapes already.

Loose lips sink ships!
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#9 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 22 2006, 07:27 PM)
QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 22 2006, 10:03 AM)

As it should be.  I have no ill will for a fellow Catholic school beyond wishing a defeat on them Saturday, but neither do I believe in giving away anything useful.
They have the tapes already.

Loose lips sink ships!

All.... Ditto. Ratsy

#10 D Cup

D Cup

Forum Member

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 06:21 PM

Sorry guys, I can not stay and play, plane to catch  Will be back for game on Saturday, can't wait.  Everyone have a safe holiday and travel to and from game.  (Takes the fun out of it when something bad happens)

Remember play nice, this all starts again next year.

#11 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:36 PM

Next year? Three-peat.

Edited by ChicagoCyclone, 22 November 2006 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users