25 replies to this topic

#21 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (cs8fan @ Nov 25 2006, 04:04 PM)
Game over 35-14!!!!!  SHG now has more championships then GHS!!!!  THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!

Chatham puts me in mind of the Bible this week - a place of "darkness, with weeping and gnashing of teeth".  Or something like that. cry.gif
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#22 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:10 AM

I thought coach did a great job with the play calling today. It was a total team effort by all of the coaches and players. What a great way for this group of seniors to end their careers.  The speed, quickness and execution of the Cyclones was just too much for the larger Marian team. The big end Bulaga sacked Bobby in the 1st quarter for a big loss that knocked us out of field goal range but he didn't get to him again the entire game. We ran for 179 against that large defensive front and had 474 total yards against a defense that had been shutting down everyone during their playoff run.

It was a textbook example of spreading out a larger opponent and slashing him through the air and on the ground.
I saw enough of the Normal / Batavia game to see that we would have had a pretty good shot of winning 6A this year.
I taped the game and will probably watch it again tomorrow and see what I missed the first time around.
Did anyone else noticed the problems with the clock with just under 4:00 left?
The clock was stopped twice when it shouldn't have been.

Let us enjoy this victory for a while before we start worrying about how we're going to replace all of those outstanding seniors next year.

Congratulations to the team for going back to back.  clap.gif
Cyclone Nation roared in Champaign today.

Edited by OSUBucks, 26 November 2006 - 02:15 AM.

#23 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:01 PM

you guys were awesome yesterday!  i was more than happy to make the trip.  let's do it again next year!

anyone know if or when the games will be shown in tv again?  i want to let my mom know, so she can tape it for me.  thanks

#24 cyclones2793

cyclones2793

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

we'll do our best to bring a three peat To SHG 07-08 but for now gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif

#25 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:37 PM

Want to know how ood the coaching really was>  I was assured by my source today that every time Marian set, the SHG defense knew exactly what they were planning.  The coaches had torn apart the Marian films to the point where the way the Hurricanes lined up gave away their call.

Do we have the best coaching staff in the State or what?
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#26 shgsis10

shgsis10

Forum Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 11:27 PM

YES

Edited by shgsis10, 26 November 2006 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users