1 reply to this topic

#1 ramsoc

ramsoc

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:13 AM

...that will be the mindset tomorrow.  All season these men have played with the mentality of unit, team etc. Although it is a team of individuals with honors, records, statistics, awards you name it, these guys honor the name on the front, and don't worry about the name on the back of the jersey. They have the mindset and are ready to go.  My favorite athlete to ever watch, M.J. always had that 'look" in his eyes, he adored the challenge. He would grin , look   his opponent in the eye, and make history.  Tomorrow, I believe, these men  will make Cyclone history. Will it be easy, nothing good in life ever is....Go Cyclones !!!!!! gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif

#2 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 11:32 AM

There is something about this team - one that in my life I've actually seen very rarely.  All teams - all good ones, anyway - know the slogans, 'the name on the front', 'there is no I in team', etc.  But when push comes to shove, almost all teams have one of two stars.  And as they go, so goes the team.   This team has stars, too - but every single one of them would happily get skunked any time - as long as the team wins.

I raised the question earlier of why, with all the so-called "D1 recruits" we've humbled, we have none of our own.  It's not all size.  Kenni Burns is only 6'0".   I think it's also that on a TEAM of stars, no one shnes so brightly that he rises above the others.  Forget individual honors and prizes.  On game day, these kids want only one winner - SHG.

I feel really good about tomorrow.   the letters "SHG" on the jersey don't weigh much but the TRADITION they represent is a heavy load.  I won't argue today about who was the best team or player at SHG.   I will say that there's never been a team that I had more faith in when it comes to carrying that heavy load to victory.

gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users