• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:57 PM

All.... Just crawled out of my hole would like to quickly note what a nice celebration for all sports was put on at the school and the great welcome by all for the football team coming into town as they arrived at the campus.

I also enjoyed seeing many of the faithful Cycs fans at the after game bash at Casey's Pub as well as many of the players that showed up and were more than happy to give their thoughts about the game on sports radio 1450.

As for the game....

A very good Marian group was beaten by a better Cyclone team. Many different aspects resulted in the victory but a combination of strength and speed was to much for the Hurricanes. Strength to battle the huge offensive and defensive lines of Marian and speed on SHG's offensive plays that would not be stopped all day long. That little hitch pass to Keenan produced large gains constantly and the db's had no answer for it. And the strength of the Cycs defense shut the run down (like they have all year) forcing Marian to attempt a Ihsa Championship game 41 attempts to get back into the game.

A total team effort resulting in a second straight 5A State Championship. :goodjob: Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users