• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 cycfan04

cycfan04

Forum Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:49 PM

I know it's quite early and everyone is still pretty excited about back to back but i know we have lost a lot...   how  are we looking for next year? and what's your take on the QB situation...

#2 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 06:58 PM

All.... Two very good qb's that each have their own unique qualities. No one on this thread is silly enough to pick  which will start which should be how it is. I will say regardless of who qb's the other will start as well at another spot. Both exceptional athletes.... Ratsy

#3 TheRingoKid

TheRingoKid

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order of importance: Cyclone football, Irish football, Cyclone basketball, SHG non-athletic activities, movies, sci fi television.

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:29 PM

Cautious optimism....

#4 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (TheRingoKid @ Nov 30 2006, 06:29 PM)
Cautious optimism....

Ditto

We have an abundance of skill players.  Gossard, Hubbard, Jasmon and a few other returning senior starters, an abundance of talented and somewhat experienced juniors.   Two different but talented junior QBs, one of whiich will probably wind up as a WR or safety since Coach Leonard rightly says they're too talented to leave one off the fireld.

So what's missing?  Linemen - the beef up front that makes our holes and plugs theirs.  Several linemen from the class of '08 got significant experience this year, but size is an important issue - we need a bunch of it.  What happens in the weight rooms and at the dinner tables during the off-season COULD be the key separator between a great and a merely good season.  I know of one mother in particular who just gasped at the thought of what it'll cost to feed one particular lineman this year  :lol:

This could well be a team that finishes a lot stronger than it starts. Montini will be tough - they're at their house, with lots of returning starters and five years of longed-for payback.  By the time they hit Glenwood, if they jel as the team they CAN be, they'll be a ton.  By week ten, they'll be set for at least two playoff victories on their way to, maybe even through the quarterfinals.

Regular season: 8-1
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#5 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 06:51 AM

I like your anaysis OldFan . . . 8-1 eh?

I was having a discussion with the Rat at the KC after the championship game . . . simply on the point we have truly been spoiled - have we not lost a regular season game in over five years????  That is crazy success!!!! On the down side, however, one day it will occur - don't know when, but it will - I just hope people don't get their feathers too ruffled . . .

#6 ramsoc

ramsoc

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:14 AM

Yes, crazy, insane success...the 2005-06 team was coming in under the mantra of a "rebuilding year"....this 2007 bunch will be under tremendous pressure, yet these kids at this school seem to embrace a challenge..... :happy:  :happy:  :happy:

#7 friend

friend

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:05 AM

without doubt the level of talent that the cyclones lost this year will be painfull.  
This leaves a team that many will uderesteamate, and with due cause.  They have yet to proove themselves.  

However, the same rumers were said about the 2005, 2003, and 1995 teams, and they did allright.  

This will be an uphill battle for most of the teams.  Many players may not even want to come out again after this seasons success.  

With the right mentallity this team will run the table, on the other hand if they take their talent for granted, slack off in the weightroom, and go through practice with a laxadazical additude that certain Springfield schools,
They could easily end up 6-3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users