• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 05:12 AM

Now, I don't know (or care) who this "Sakamoto" guy is.  Never heard of him until now - never have read any of his stuff either.

All I DO KNOW is I just can't go with any football analyst named "Sakamoto".  Just does not fit.  With a name like that, I would assume he was reporting on the global economy or something like that . . . not HS football.  thinking.gif

#42 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:50 AM

Speaking of bad journalism and clueless reporting...did you see the article here:

Lemont v SHG

The author, Pat Disabato, calls the SHG coach "Bob Leonard."  Then he goes on to make it sound like he has actually been researching and interviewing in Springfield when he writes, "that's the word on the football-intense streets of Springfield."  Had he talked to any football fans in Springfield, or anyone associated with SHG, or had he simply visited one of many websites, he could have easily found Ken's name.  Finally, he goes on to say:
"And while those numbers indicate great balance between the run and pass, the Cyclones, with their spread attack, prefer to throw the ball."
He looked at the numbers, and STILL remained convinced that the Cycs "prefer" to throw.  Maybe we have a few more pass attempts than run attempts, I didn't look up the numbers, but I know it is close.  I know the team well enough to toss out the idea that there are "preferences."  SHG is a pass team in the eyes of many.

#43 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:30 PM

"The most amazing statistic, however, is that the Cyclones have turned the ball over just once all season"

This is not an accurate statement.  I believe we have only lost one fumble, but we have a few interceptions.  Maybe coach Bob can call him up and correct it.

#44 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 28 2008, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"The most amazing statistic, however, is that the Cyclones have turned the ball over just once all season"

This is not an accurate statement.  I believe we have only lost one fumble, but we have a few interceptions.  Maybe coach Bob can call him up and correct it.

Yeah, good call.

There was a point in the season where we had only turned the ball over once, and I remember an article or two mentioned that.  Obviously that has been several weeks now.  Maybe this guy is getting his info from an old article.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users