• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Can't say enough about this guy.  What a great competitor, and what an unbelievable run he had in the second half.

The crowd was awed..., seriously. oh_yeah.gif  hat.gif

#2 DMX

DMX

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (gusdog @ Nov 22 2008, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't say enough about this guy.  What a great competitor, and what an unbelievable run he had in the second half.

The crowd was awed..., seriously. oh_yeah.gif  hat.gif

The radio guys went bonkers too.

Tim Dondanville gave us first downs and many yards on the ground as well!  His 60 plus running play set up Wilsons score on that drive.

I wont miss the game next week nod.gif

#3 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 07:48 PM

Man, it was something to see..., he looked like Barry Sanders.  Just unbelieveable, and i know that is over used, but it's true here.

#4 TheRingoKid

TheRingoKid

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:In no particular order of importance: Cyclone football, Irish football, Cyclone basketball, SHG non-athletic activities, movies, sci fi television.

Posted 22 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

The nearest thing that I can remember to the Gary Wilson run this afternoon was one by Tommy Frazierr of Nebraska some years back in the Orange Bowl (I think) against Florida State. It seemed like everyone on the opposing team had a chance and missed the tackle. Gary's run is the play of the year for me.

#5 ob6of9

ob6of9

Forum Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:02 PM

Barry Sanders was a good comparison.  He is a very good elusive back.  If you don't wrap him up
low you don't have a chance.  I was very impressed.  Best of Luck to you Springfield Sacred Heart Griffin.  You have at least one Celtic fan pulling for you.  

P.S. What is this world coming too when 2 Catholic Schools are not allowed to Pray before the game because it may offend someones view.  I think fans from both schools should complain to the IHSA for taking such a cowardly political correct view.  

Best of Luck next Saturday.  Maybe we will be lucky enough to meet up with you next year in the
playoffs.

#6 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:07 PM

the ihsa wouldnt let them pray before the game?  the words i have for that are not allowed on this board.

did they let them pray together after the game?  SHG and montini have done that every year.

#7 ob6of9

ob6of9

Forum Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

That I am not sure.  I am sure they didn't stop that but they would not allow the Providence Public
Address announcer lead both sides in prayer at the start of the game.  They had a complaint from
Rock Island last week saying that it was not fair.  This is a tradition at all Providence home games
where they pray for both teams to play to the best of their abilities and for good sportsmanship.
It is a sad state of our country where God has been taken out of all our daily traditions.  

Final Score of Lemont Vs. Antioch
Lemont 38 Antioch 14.

You will be playing Lemont at 1:00 P.M. next Saturday.  Best of Luck next week.  I am pulling for
you.

#8 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

Some standing ovations...

John Lantz...what a courageous performance!  He was in a lot of pain and still gave it his all!  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif

And the O-line...wonderful job  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif

And the defense...from the line to the linebackers to our DBs...you guys put on a real show  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif

Gary Wilson & Timmy D...you ran on a defense that couldn't be ran on  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif

To all the Cyclone coaches and players...biggest postseason road win in our program's history  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif

#9 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (ob6of9 @ Nov 22 2008, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That I am not sure.  I am sure they didn't stop that but they would not allow the Providence Public
Address announcer lead both sides in prayer at the start of the game.  They had a complaint from
Rock Island last week saying that it was not fair.  This is a tradition at all Providence home games
where they pray for both teams to play to the best of their abilities and for good sportsmanship.
It is a sad state of our country where God has been taken out of all our daily traditions.  

Final Score of Lemont Vs. Antioch
Lemont 38 Antioch 14.

You will be playing Lemont at 1:00 P.M. next Saturday.  Best of Luck next week.  I am pulling for
you.

That was a very sad occurance today.  And thanks for the well wishes ob6of9...

#10 cycsfan2

cycsfan2

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

Congrats to coach Lenard and his staff, the team and to the school. They knocked off a Chicago powerhouse. That run by Gary was un believable. One more to go. GO CYCS!

#11 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (ob6of9 @ Nov 23 2008, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Barry Sanders was a good comparison.  He is a very good elusive back.  If you don't wrap him up
low you don't have a chance.  I was very impressed.  Best of Luck to you Springfield Sacred Heart Griffin.  You have at least one Celtic fan pulling for you.  

P.S. What is this world coming too when 2 Catholic Schools are not allowed to Pray before the game because it may offend someones view.  I think fans from both schools should complain to the IHSA for taking such a cowardly political correct view.  

Best of Luck next Saturday.  Maybe we will be lucky enough to meet up with you next year in the
playoffs.

All.... I think the bigger question is what in the world is coming too when you can't fly a SHG flag in your parking lot next to the stadium without having it stolen. You have yourself a nice night prov fan.... Ratsy

#12 ob6of9

ob6of9

Forum Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:34 PM

I am sorry one fan stealing your flag.  I will tell you though, whoever stole it is a loser.  However it does not represent 99.9% of the Celtic Faithful.  Although we are passionate for our Celtics, we are
very fair and respectful of our opponents and their fans.  I would bet if you talked to any of the Springfield fans at the game they would tell you they were treated with respect by the majority of the Celtic faithful.   We have far too much class to do that.

#13 GoBirdsGo II

GoBirdsGo II

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 22 2008, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All.... I think the bigger question is what in the world is coming too when you can't fly a SHG flag in your parking lot next to the stadium without having it stolen. You have yourself a nice night prov fan.... Ratsy
Sorry to hear about that Ratsy. Don't let it put a damper on a big win by your Cyclones. What comes around, goes around. They'll get theirs.

Like Ratsy, I just don't understand how anyone cannot have enough respect for other peoples stuff.

#14 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (ob6of9 @ Nov 22 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sorry one fan stealing your flag.  I will tell you though, whoever stole it is a loser.  However it does not represent 99.9% of the Celtic Faithful.  Although we are passionate for our Celtics, we are
very fair and respectful of our opponents and their fans.  I would bet if you talked to any of the Springfield fans at the game they would tell you they were treated with respect by the majority of the Celtic faithful.   We have far too much class to do that.

You're right...it's not a representation of your fanbase as a whole.  It's unfortunate that something like that even happens.

#15 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 22 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right...it's not a representation of your fanbase as a whole.  It's unfortunate that something like that even happens.

Dead right, Steve.  I received NOTHING but courtesy from the PCA folks today, despite seeming to be in just about everybody's way.

Ratsy - Why not contact the school (politely - no Limburger!)?  I have a feeling something might turn up.  

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#16 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:34 AM

QUOTE (ob6of9 @ Nov 23 2008, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

playoffs.

Back on topic..., ob6of9, you have displayed great class here tonight.  I was impressed with Provi's hospitality.  A classy program all the way around.

#17 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:14 PM

Again, is there a video of Wilson's run?

#18 cyks2591

cyks2591

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:25 PM

again...sj-r.com

#19 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (jdurham @ Nov 23 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Again, is there a video of Wilson's run?

Again, Channel 20 broadcast one
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#20 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 23 2008, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 22 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dead right, Steve.  I received NOTHING but courtesy from the PCA folks today, despite seeming to be in just about everybody's way.

Ratsy - Why not contact the school (politely - no Limburger!)?  I have a feeling something might turn up.

All.... Already talked to their security/police I think they thought it was funny. Not to worry tailgater's son Zach has one and is lending it to me for Saturday. Once again the SHG flag will be flying proudly twenty five feet up in the air. Next year I will have another one as well as a spare. Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users