• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:31 PM

Hey Ratsy, although the saddest part of our last home game was seeing the "rat" being retired from the "corner" for the year, are you going to bring him Saturday or does he only make an appearence in the "corner"  ?

#22 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

All.... Oh he will be there Analyst.... Ratsy

#23 JCHS1974

JCHS1974

Forum Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 25 2008, 02:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 23 2008, 06:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 22 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're right...it's not a representation of your fanbase as a whole.  It's unfortunate that something like that even happens.

Dead right, Steve.  I received NOTHING but courtesy from the PCA folks today, despite seeming to be in just about everybody's way.

Ratsy - Why not contact the school (politely - no Limburger!)?  I have a feeling something might turn up.

All.... Already talked to their security/police I think they thought it was funny. Not to worry tailgater's son Zach has one and is lending it to me for Saturday. Once again the SHG flag will be flying proudly twenty five feet up in the air. Next year I will have another one as well as a spare. Ratsy

That's been my experience with the Providence admin and fans as well. Not all, but most give the school a bad reputation.

#24 cyks2591

cyks2591

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

jchs74...any word up there where NLP kicker / punter will be attending shchool....that boy has to have D1 schools all over him....had a brother that played at Michigan (punter) in late 80 early 90's....SHG grad as well, so I know a good kicker when I see one. winkwink.gif

#25 88Grad

88Grad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:02 PM

From what I remember cyks2591 your brother had a pretty good back up as well. Good luck Cyclones and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

#26 cyks2591

cyks2591

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:30 PM

funnypost.gif  roll_eyes.gif  cheers.gif

#27 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:17 PM

Great Ratsy, I'll bring the cheese for the "rat" so he keeps that smile on his face.

#28 JCHS1974

JCHS1974

Forum Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (cyks2591 @ Nov 25 2008, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jchs74...any word up there where NLP kicker / punter will be attending shchool....that boy has to have D1 schools all over him....had a brother that played at Michigan (punter) in late 80 early 90's....SHG grad as well, so I know a good kicker when I see one. winkwink.gif

I haven't heard anything yet - but then I haven't followed it closely either - he's probably directly responsible for 4 of their wins.

If I hear something I'll let you know.

#29 jhs81

jhs81

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Golf,JHS, Raiders,and Illini,football,Harleys.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Nov 25 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All.... Oh he will be there Analyst.... Ratsy

Analyst, just look for the SHG Flag flying sneaky.gif .

#30 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, I will jhs81, but I just remembered that Ratsy may take him into the SHG tent with him. Help me out Ratsy. Also, what time will the SHG tent be open to us? I wouldn't mind wandering over to the Metamora Redbirds' tent either. Speaking of the Redbirds: GoBirdsGoII, as a loyal follower what do you think of their new home uniforms ? I for one thought the old red jerseys (without the white stripes they have now) were awesome, and together with the black pants personified Metamora home games. Just some thoughts from a high school football fan interested in what you think. I may have Ratsy introduce us Saturday if he isn't too busy keeping an eye on the "rat" (and the flag, as now appears necessary after what happened last week).

#31 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:00 PM

All.... Don't know a thing about the big tent Analyst.... yet. I would assume if the "official" tailgate group is going to work under the big top (tent) they have a time in mind. I worked that tent with Tailgater who ran it in the 2006 championship game. A bit of work but loads of fun.

Last week a few of us die hards set up a tent, table, grill ect and tailgated at Providence. That became the unofficial official tailgate because I didn't see the regular group that sets up in town at the game. Some fans must have thought the same. (They came up with money in hand looking for the donation can.) After a  few laughs  we told whoever showed up that the food was free and they had us confused with the other group. Surprising how fast Italian sausage, hotdogs, junk food and candy go when it's free.  laugh.gif Had a great time other than the flag issue which has been resolved.

Unless there is a change in plans look for a white tent and the SHG flag up in the air somewhere out in the U of I parking lot....  gocycs.gif Ratsy P.S. We should be easy to find....

#32 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:47 PM

Can't wait. By the way, I would be remiss if I didn't thank you and Dave for the tailgating (including  the cooking, time and the expense involved) you put on all year. This just adds to the fun of high school football. I hope the regular crowd (Tony and Brian, Steve, HasBeen, etc.) shows up for the final tailgate of the year.

#33 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

I stopped by looking for the rat (not the plastic one), but he was away at the time, (I was the guy wearing the SIU hoodie) so I went in and met ispaiu to watch the game.

Sorry to miss you.

#34 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:24 AM

All.... Sorry to have missed you gusdog. Was making the rounds.... That parking lot was more fun than anyone should have. Our group will once again  be set up with the white tent and flag flying. The heater will also be on.... As good as place as any to hang out if you intend to make the game! Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users