• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Well, it appears that IHSA has flipped the seating setup at Memorial Stadium in Champaign.  The visiting team's fans now sit in the WEST grandstand (side with the new luxury suites & the huge pressbox).  I'm waiting for a call back from IHSA to verify.  This is the opposite setup we had as the visiting team in 2006 and I imagine it relates to the renovations that were done.

#2 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

MaxPreps lists us as the home team for the game, Steve. I read your logic regarding the rules for that decision on the other thread, and according to that criteria, we're the visitors. Can you confirm?

Posted Image

#3 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:31 PM

SHG is the visiting team and will be wearing white.  As soon as I can confirm where our fans will sit, I will post it in this thread.

#4 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:57 PM

Good. I have always liked the SHG road uniform. For some reason, the style has always impressed me. It could be the SHG in black against the white background on the upper sleeve, or the sharp contrast between the black shoes and the white jerseys. Whatever the reason, this just looks more like a football uniform to me. For some reason they also look faster in this uniform !!

#5 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

I only have one giant eye, but I am 16 1/2 feet tall, and from where I stood I thought we looked pretty fast in black also.

More wine, Sinbad......

#6 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (cyclops @ Nov 24 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only have one giant eye, but I am 16 1/2 feet tall

Please do not sit in front of me at the game.

#7 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Analyst @ Nov 24 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good. I have always liked the SHG road uniform. For some reason, the style has always impressed me. It could be the SHG in black against the white background on the upper sleeve, or the sharp contrast between the black shoes and the white jerseys. Whatever the reason, this just looks more like a football uniform to me. For some reason they also look faster in this uniform !!

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe that the boys have a third uniform choice. nod.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#8 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Teetime @ Nov 24 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cyclops @ Nov 24 2008, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only have one giant eye, but I am 16 1/2 feet tall

Please do not sit in front of me at the game.

LOL

#9 football79

football79

Silver Member

• PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:00 PM

DO THE PURPLE

#10 DMX

DMX

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:25 PM

I like the white uniforms also. Has an illusory affect that makes the players look bigger( I think ).

The Dallas Cowboys like to wear the white jersey at home.  When the Football Cardinals were in St. Louis and Dallas came to play,  I Remember times when St. Louis chose to wear white at home and made Dallas wear the dark jersey. A little gamesmanship I think.

As far as the alternate seating, I guess we'll find out from Steve.  We're no longer in 5A and that could be the reason for the switch on alternate seating.  Who knows?  Who Cares?  I'm glad we're playing!  I'm hopeful we can exceed our past levels of fan attendance.

#11 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (DMX @ Nov 24 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who knows?  Who Cares?  I'm glad we're playing!  I'm hopeful we can exceed our past levels of fan attendance.

Lets fill the place!

Where can I get one of the luxury boxes.

I want food service and an open bar.

#12 ChicagoCyclone

ChicagoCyclone

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (Teetime @ Nov 25 2008, 03:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (DMX @ Nov 24 2008, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who knows?  Who Cares?  I'm glad we're playing!  I'm hopeful we can exceed our past levels of fan attendance.

Lets fill the place!

Where can I get one of the luxury boxes.

I want food service and an open bar.

If you can get that planned, count me in. Seriously, let me know how much$. I'm game  clap.gif

Posted Image

#13 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

Under current IPHSA "no happy juice" rules, I don't believe the open bar would be allowed.

On the other hand, it appears that the "no alky" rule was NOT in effect at New Lenox on Saturday.....
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#14 03SHGgrad

03SHGgrad

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:55 PM

Steve I am sure you have seen this... but just in case you haven't... this is from the PDF file on ihsa.org about state final qualifiers...

Dressing Room Assignments:
(Class 2A, 4A, 6A, 8A)
Visiting Team-West Bench (Light Jerseys-Bottom Team in Bracket)
will use the Visiting Football Team
Locker Room located in the Northwest corner of Memorial Stadium. Access to the locker room will off of Irwin
Drive north of Memorial Stadium. Buses will unload team and staff personnel on Irwin Drive by their locker
room. After all equipment and personnel has been unloaded, the bus driver will be directed to a parking
location by a University of Illinois police officer or parking attendant. Please note that locker rooms must be
cleared one hour after the conclusion of the Championship. Post game meals are prohibited in team locker
rooms.
Home Team-East Bench (Dark Jerseys-Top Team in Bracket) will use the Illinois Football Team Locker
Room located in the Football Complex at the Northeast corner of Memorial Stadium. Access to the locker room
will be off of Irwin Drive north of Memorial Stadium. Buses will unload team and staff personnel on Irwin Drive
by their locker room. After all equipment and personnel has been unloaded, the bus driver will be directed to a
parking location by a University of Illinois police officer or parking attendant. Please note that locker rooms must
be cleared one hour after the conclusion of the Championship. Post game meals are prohibited in team locker
rooms.

#15 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:04 AM

Yeah I did see that 03.  It is the opposite of what has been done in the past, so I just wanted to verify it with them.  I'm 99% sure our fans will be sitting in the West Grandstand (the one that was renovated).

As far as the jerseys go...

Unless Lemont opts to wear white (not sure they even have the option), we can only be in white on Saturday.  BTW, the visiting team has won the last 3 Class 6A titles.

#16 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

I'm beginning to feel all............................purple-y
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#17 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 25 2008, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as the jerseys go...

Unless Lemont opts to wear white (not sure they even have the option), we can only be in white on Saturday.  BTW, the visiting team has won the last 3 Class 6A titles.

Actually, I think the way the rules go, (as in the NFL) the home team can wear whatever coler they want - white included.  The visiting team has to wear something different.

My senior year - Fall 1990, we wore white the first two games at home due to the heat.  Unless something has changed, I assume Lemont can where whatever they want.  If they opted for white, we would wear our black . . .

Not sure . . . but that used to be the rule . . .

#18 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:53 AM

Purple-y is a feeling; purple-y is a place; purple-y is a state of mind. Purple-y is a quiet walk on a sandy beach; purple-y is little bunny slippers on Christmas morning; purple-y is that first sip of almond-mocha latte following morning meditation. Purple-y is also leading the sweep, popping a guy in the chest, coming up under his chin to snap his head back and putting him on his back on the turf with a sickening "oof,"  a hard tackle that rattles the teeth and brings pain to the very marrow of the poor guy's bones and generally running the other team into the turf to let them know that purple-y guys bringing purple-y pain passed this way on their way to the 6A championship. That kind of purple-y, Has Been. Wasn't really talking jerseys at all. Go Cycs, beat Lemont.
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#19 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (ispaiu @ Nov 25 2008, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Purple-y is a feeling; purple-y is a place; purple-y is a state of mind. Purple-y is a quiet walk on a sandy beach; purple-y is little bunny slippers on Christmas morning; purple-y is that first sip of almond-mocha latte following morning meditation. Purple-y is also leading the sweep, popping a guy in the chest, coming up under his chin to snap his head back and putting him on his back on the turf with a sickening "oof,"  a hard tackle that rattles the teeth and brings pain to the very marrow of the poor guy's bones and generally running the other team into the turf to let them know that purple-y guys bringing purple-y pain passed this way on their way to the 6A championship. That kind of purple-y, Has Been. Wasn't really talking jerseys at all. Go Cycs, beat Lemont.

laugh.gif

#20 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 25 2008, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Under current IPHSA "no happy juice" rules, I don't believe the open bar would be allowed.

On the other hand, it appears that the "no alky" rule was NOT in effect at New Lenox on Saturday.....

All.... Talked to some Providence people Saturday at the game. That large lot next to the stadium is owned by a corporation across the street, Their private property, thus the NLP administration doesn't have a "strong" say on what goes on in that area.... Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users