• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk

Hawk

Forum Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:46 PM

I want to thank all of the coaches and players for making this such a fun season.

It was exciting to sit in the stands at Champaign's Memorial Stadium with my son and watch the boys win the trophy. I kept telling him, 'Son, you're witnessing history.' He's nine, so I don't think he can fully grasp how big this win was, but he can appreciate the game.

Lemont was a quality team, but I told Coach Leonard and anyone who would listen, that SHG would win by at least 10. Tim was a bit shaky early, and never really found his rhythm, but he did what he needed to do. He's truly a quality person.

I can't wait to watch Eric Willamson, D. McMath, Greg Wilson, The Russian, Marlandez 'Nu Nu' Harris and all of the next generation of Cyclone footballers.

So, enjoy the win boys, take a break, then get back and hit those weights!

CYCLONE NATION ARE YOU READY!?!

-Hawk (The Protestant in the Pressbox)

CYCLONE NATION ARE YOU READY!?!

-Hawk

#2 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:19 PM

Well said.  Another gem of a season sadly over, but the 2008 season will last in Cyclone memory.  As Coach Leonard predicted, "the greatest defensive turnaround in Cyclone history".

To the team -

For those of us who cold only sit in the stands and make noise, it was a grand ride.   The year the Cyclones finally knocked the Joliet-area monkey not just off their backs but way up into the New Lenox  and Champaign bleachers!

You stand up there with the best teams that a fine program and tradition have produced.  

THANK YOU!
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:46 PM

All.... A great win by a team that controlled the biggest game of the year. What was amazing in these last three championships are victories by a team that is really 4A. Quite an accomplishment.... Congrats Cyclones. Can't wait for next year. Ratsy

#4 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Nov 30 2008, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well said.  Another gem of a season sadly over, but the 2008 season will last in Cyclone memory.  As Coach Leonard predicted, "the greatest defensive turnaround in Cyclone history".

To the team -

For those of us who cold only sit in the stands and make noise, it was a grand ride.   The year the Cyclones finally knocked the Joliet-area monkey not just off their backs but way up into the New Lenox  and Champaign bleachers!

You stand up there with the best teams that a fine program and tradition have produced.  

THANK YOU!

Very well said.

My thanks as well.

#5 88Grad

88Grad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for another amazing season. Thanks also to Coach Leonard for recognizing all of the former players at the post game celebration at Belz gymnasium. I was proud to stand up, but I was more proud of the players who were sitting on the gym floor. Make sure you soak it all in beacuse you deserve to enjoy the ride. You guys made many many people very proud this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users