• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

What's also amazing is that from a "senior-dominated" team we'll have so many returning starters or major off-the-bench contributors back.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#22 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:25 PM

Somehow I thought that Root was a senior. It will be good to have him for another year.
Also don't forget as someone mentioned last week that Providence could possibly get bumped up to 7A next year. Hope that doesn't happen as they are a great opponent.

#23 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:34 PM

Providence will be returning a lot of people, and so will we.  I would love another game in next year's play-offs, even if it results in a loss.  I hope we are both in 6A.

#24 prouddadx3

prouddadx3

Forum Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Dec 2 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here are the ones I expect to be the stars next year:

Line:  Matt Anderson, Marlandez Harris, Ryan Klachko, Christian Jordan.   Take a look at how big they are now and start salivating.

Linebackers:  Tyrone Lee, Darryl McMath (our next defensive superstar), Nick Guzardo

QB:  Eric Williamson.  He was ready this year.

RB:  Greg Wilson (Neal Taylor told me he'd be a star at the 2007 Black and Gold)

WRs:  Zach Rockford (its all genetics, folks).

DBs:  Jake Smith

Other possible important contributors, Sam Reents, Eddie Hubbard-Williams, Ryan Crabtree.  
The way I see it, we'll he extremely strong in both lines and the linebacking corps from the get-go.  They'll provide the cover the new but talented skill players need to come together as a unit.  

I think the 7-on-7 season will be especially important next summer.   They won't be a dominant as last year's crew, but the opportunity to bring the skill players together as a unit will pay direct benefits in the regular season.

#25 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (prouddadx3 @ Dec 2 2008, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (OldFan @ Dec 2 2008, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here are the ones I expect to be the stars next year:

Line:  Matt Anderson, Marlandez Harris, Ryan Klachko, Christian Jordan.   Take a look at how big they are now and start salivating.

Linebackers:  Tyrone Lee, Darryl McMath (our next defensive superstar), Nick Guzardo

QB:  Eric Williamson.  He was ready this year.

RB:  Greg Wilson (Neal Taylor told me he'd be a star at the 2007 Black and Gold)

WRs:  Zach Rockford (its all genetics, folks).

DBs:  Jake Smith

Other possible important contributors, Sam Reents, Eddie Hubbard-Williams, Ryan Crabtree.  
The way I see it, we'll he extremely strong in both lines and the linebacking corps from the get-go.  They'll provide the cover the new but talented skill players need to come together as a unit.  

I think the 7-on-7 season will be especially important next summer.   They won't be a dominant as last year's crew, but the opportunity to bring the skill players together as a unit will pay direct benefits in the regular season.

Good point, prouddad.

#26 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:20 AM

confused.gif  ""Good point, prouddad.""  

Am I missing something?
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#27 jdurham

jdurham