• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:25 AM

Let me be the first to call attention to Steve having established the counter to CYKS2K9!  Often copied, never equalled, CYCLONE NATION'S clock is ticking.  And let me be the first to tell you, here and now:  The 2009 CYCLONES will roar into the playoffs with another UNDEFEATED SEASON!

gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif

GO CYCS  !!!
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 cycs93

cycs93

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:21 AM

so your predicting a 14-0 season? whoa kinda early to tell dont ya think? i just hope we can find the people to reload at the skill positions!

#3 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (cycs93 @ Jan 27 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so your predicting a 14-0 season? whoa kinda early to tell dont ya think? i just hope we can find the people to reload at the skill positions!

Look again.  I said "roar into the playoffs".  I agree its too early to predict 14-0, though I think they'll be a lot better than most folks think just because of the lines.  But 9-0?  Sure, I'll stand by that.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#4 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Jan 27 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look again.  I said "roar into the playoffs".  I agree its too early to predict 14-0, though I think they'll be a lot better than most folks think just because of the lines.  But 9-0?  Sure, I'll stand by that.

I would hope you are right OldFan.

I'm sure you already know this, but Montini will be a LOAD.

I watched their Frosh. and Soph. teams last year and they were a ton. I know you can't always go by underclass teams, but they were brimming with talented kids at every position.

#5 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:03 PM

Teetime beat me to this one, I was just going to say that if we get by Montini I think we can go 9-0 during the regular season. The Broncos should be very good and may well be the toughest team on our schedule.

#6 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

I'm predicting 14-0!

:)

#7 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

I wish we would continue talking about the Montini game in years to come, but as you all know, all that comes to an end in 2010 when Rochester joins the CS-8. As others have stated before, I also think the Cyclones have probably the two best bookend games they could have in Montini ( a top-notch opponent from a Catholic suburban league) and Cahokia ( a team, the speed of which year in and year out can rival any the Cyclones can expect to face in the regular season or playoffs). It remains to be seen whether losing these two opponents will effect things in the future, but I for one hate to lose them as opponents for the team. If playing tough competion is supposed to make teams better, then its high time the other teams in the CS-8 start playing like it and improve their game. No excuses, improve your game and quit whining about SHG !!!!!!!!

#8 cycs93

cycs93

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:19 PM

i agree analyst.  It is time.  I think the montini/shg matchup is a rivalry.  shg defeated them like 3-4 years in a row? and now montini has nabbed the cycs the past 2 seasons.  This RIVALRY will sorely be missed.  All the great Montini players that went through...Mike Mucha, Garrett Goebel, Dex Jones, Montini QB in the 05+06 seasons was a stud, De cristinina, and of course Borsellino among many others.  Each year the cycs and broncos face, each team boasts a few Division 1 prospects that are matched up against one another.  Each team has defeated one another when the loser went on to win the state championship as the cycs defeated mike mucha & company in 2004 47-3 but montini claimed the 4A state championship.  I just wanted to reiterate the prominence of this rivalry.  Ill say it one more time Montini will be missed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users