SHG 35    JHS 18

#2 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

JV still undefated at 7-0.  All three teams (frosh, JV and Varsity) have a tough task this week against Breese Mater Dei.  JV travels to Breese Saturday morning for 10 a.m. game and then back to Springfield for varsity game that Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.

gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif  gocycs.gif

#3 jdurham

jdurham

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (linedrive7 @ Oct 11 2010, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
JV still undefated at 7-0.  All three teams (frosh, JV and Varsity) have a tough task this week against Breese Mater Dei.  JV travels to Breese Saturday morning for 10 a.m. game and then back to Springfield for varsity game that Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.

Why are they doing the home and away like that?  Why aren't all the games in Springfield?

#4 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (jdurham @ Oct 11 2010, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (linedrive7 @ Oct 11 2010, 02:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why are they doing the home and away like that?  Why aren't all the games in Springfield?

I have heard several different explanations and don't know which is true.  But the one I hear most has something to do about that's the way it used to be done...Freshman, JV play away and Varsity at home and since it is a non-conference game that's the way the two schools agreed to the contract.  I think Mater Dei shares the field with Breese Central, so field availablity amongst the schools could have been an issue????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users