• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:13 PM

All.... Cyclones run the opening kick back and lead 7-0. But that is where the fun stopped. Jacksonville 35 SHG 7 with seven minutes left in the third quarter. The Crimsons a big and fast team in the skill positions. I assume Jacksonville came in undefeated. Ratsy

#2 shgDadof4

shgDadof4

Forum Member

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:32 PM

This freshman class is very very talented. They might be one of the storied teams in SHG history. However for now this is an instructional period. They should focus on beaing coachable and have fun.  They will get their chance under those "Friday night lights" or in our case "Saturday night lights"

I personally anticipate great things from this class. Losing a few games will for sure keep them hungry.

#3 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (shgDadof4 @ Oct 11 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This freshman class is very very talented. They might be one of the storied teams in SHG history. However for now this is an instructional period. They should focus on beaing coachable and have fun. They will get their chance under those "Friday night lights" or in our case "Saturday night lights"

I personally anticipate great things from this class. Losing a few games will for sure keep them hungry.

History has shown that SHG tends to coach up their players, and by the time they're juniors, they definity get what the coaches want. Having said this however, the Bobby Brenneisen class did not lose a game at any level, so we definitely need to wait on this class being a "storied team". Do hope you're correct though!

#4 shgDadof4

shgDadof4

Forum Member

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Analyst @ Oct 11 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (shgDadof4 @ Oct 11 2010, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This freshman class is very very talented. They might be one of the storied teams in SHG history. However for now this is an instructional period. They should focus on beaing coachable and have fun. They will get their chance under those "Friday night lights" or in our case "Saturday night lights"

History has shown that SHG tends to coach up their players, and by the time they're juniors, they definity get what the coaches want. Having said this however, the Bobby Brenneisen class did not lose a game at any level, so we definitely need to wait on this class being a "storied team". Do hope you're correct though!

My point is, this class has some great expectations. Lots of talk about running the table. Well now that they don't have to worry about being undefeated during this season or even more difficult, during their careers.

The seniors on the 06 team were in fact undefeated and I must say that was very cool.  However the two most memorable events in their careers were the last game of their junior and senior years. Those  are the games you want to win. Those are the games they televise.

#5 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Oct 11 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All.... Cyclones run the opening kick back and lead 7-0. But that is where the fun stopped. Jacksonville 35 SHG 7 with seven minutes left in the third quarter. The Crimsons a big and fast team in the skill positions. I assume Jacksonville came in undefeated. Ratsy

Sounds like they have the D figured out at the lower level...any running backs or was it all through the air?

#6 Analyst

Analyst

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (shgDadof4 @ Oct 11 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The seniors on the 06 team were in fact undefeated and I must say that was very cool. However the two most memorable events in their careers were the last game of their junior and senior years. Those are the games you want to win. Those are the games they televise.

And I wish nothing less for this group!!

#7 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Bobby Hill @ Oct 12 2010, 05:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (cornerrat @ Oct 11 2010, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like they have the D figured out at the lower level...any running backs or was it all through the air?

All... The final was 42-13. Most of the Crimsons scores were airborne to open targets. Can't confirm it but someone told me their qb's last name was Schnitker. Many of you will remember that name when it comes to Jacksonville football. Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users