5 replies to this topic

#1 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:11 AM

All...JV and Freshmen travel down to Breese on Saturday morning for their games and then straight back to Springfield so everyone can be back in time for Varsity game at 7 p.m.

The JV game starts at 10 a.m. And the freshman play at noon.  Both will be good games, especially JV trying to stay undefeated this year.  JV is 7-0 and Freshman are 5-2 after winning their first five games to start the season.

Edited by linedrive7, 13 October 2010 - 04:13 AM.

#2 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Why are the youngsters playing in Breese while the varsity game is in Springfield?

I know that quite a few sophs and a few freshmen dress for the varsity gmes, but are there any sophomores who play ONLY varsity ball?
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#3 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (OldFan @ Oct 13 2010, 02:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are the youngsters playing in Breese while the varsity game is in Springfield?

I know that quite a few sophs and a few freshmen dress for the varsity gmes, but are there any sophomores who play ONLY varsity ball?

QUOTE (jdurham @ Oct 11 2010, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (linedrive7 @ Oct 11 2010, 02:47 AM)
JV still undefated at 7-0. All three teams (frosh, JV and Varsity) have a tough task this week against Breese Mater Dei. JV travels to Breese Saturday morning for 10 a.m. game and then back to Springfield for varsity game that Saturday night at Memorial Stadium.

Why are they doing the home and away like that? Why aren't all the games in Springfield?

I have heard several different explanations and don't know which is true. But the one I hear most has something to do about that's the way it used to be done...Freshman, JV play away and Varsity at home and since it is a non-conference game that's the way the two schools agreed to the contract. I think Mater Dei shares the field with Breese Central, so field availablity amongst the schools could have been an issue????

Edited by linedrive7, 13 October 2010 - 01:26 PM.

#4 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Good News from down south on this Saturday.  I hear JV Cyclones won against BMD!  Don't know the final score, but JV remains undefeated at 8-0, with only Lincoln left.

#5 linedrive7

linedrive7

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (linedrive7 @ Oct 16 2010, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good News from down south on this Saturday.  I hear JV Cyclones won against BMD!  Don't know the final score, but JV remains undefeated at 8-0, with only Lincoln left.

Just heard the score of 44-26.  Most of BMD scoring was at the end with the third-string defense in.

#6 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

All.... I believe the freshman dropped their game 14-6. Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users