• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

Here we are going into the regular season home stretch.  I posted the following on IHSS, want to see how you guys feel about it:

Chatham at Springfield: The Senators' playoff hopes are still alive but definitely on life support. A win against the visiting Titans would help immensely, but might be asking too much of a miracle. Chatham NEEDS this game almost as much as SHS, with Jacksonville waiting in week nine.

Glenwood by 21

Southeast at Eisenhower: Like SHS, the Spartans are still seeking a playoff bid but face a major uphill struggle. They seem, however, to be improving by the week. Eisenhower is looking forward to basketball.

Spartans by 28

MacArthur at Lincoln:
The Lincoln kids deserve a lot of credit for sticking with a hopeless struggle

MacArthur on a running clock

Jacksonville at Rochester:
Some say Rochester is down a bit, but they're still averaging over 44 points a game and giving up less than 12. Jacksonville is trying to convert a very slim playoff chance into another postseason try. I expect the Crimsons to make a fight of it, just not enough of one.

Rochester by 17

Lanphier at SHG:
The MacArthur game notwithstanding, Lanphier's defense has prove extremely porous this season and they're going to visit one of the best offensive teams in the State.

SHG on a running clock
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#2 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

Can't disagree, except that I think SE will win by a much closer margin.

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

All.... Weather forecast showing cloudy only in the 50's and NO RAIN! (knock on wood) Dry socks for the rodent this week. Anyone interested in tailgating and talking Cyclone football the old grass soccer field next to the west complex is a great spot to hang out before the game, look for the SHG flag flying high and stop by. Ratsy  :gocycs:

#4 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:40 PM

Most games closer than I expected.

Rochester over Jacksonville 54-46

MacArthur 32, Lincoln 12

Glenwood and Southeast both won by about 20

SHG, MacArthur & Rochester are in.  Glenwood needs one win (Eisenhower and Jacksonville remaining)  Southeast needs one (SHG & Macarthur) and Jacksonville needs two (Lincoln and Glenwood)
  At least one, as a long shot all three, will get in.

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#5 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

I hope SE can knock off McArthur, it would be nice to see the Spartans get in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users