• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

All.... So Southeast is 4-3 and Coach Lauber's theme is play the Spartan Way. This will be an interesting road game for the Cyclones. SHS has 20 seniors, good leadership. They do not want to go into week nine 4-4 with a must win against Chatham. I would think Coach Lauber will open up the offensive playbook and do anything and everything for a chance in getting a victory over SHG.

Team speed for the Spartans is good. BJ Hill does it all on offense and will need to be watched closely. The current qb Isaiah Timms can run and throw and the team have a couple of running backs (Hatchett & Gailes) with decent stats. Their defense an reaction to the ball is also greatly improved.

What must SHG do. Jump out quick if able and play tight defense.  Slow starts should be a thing of the past. The philosophy at SSHS is different this year. Southeast has always been a hard hitting team. But once down by a couple td's that seemed to go away as did the game. That attitude is gone since Coach Lauber has arrived. He has stated numerous time his team plays hard till the very end win or lose. This match and the following week with Rochester will be a good sharpening and tune-up for the Cyclones as they enter into the post-season. Ratsy P.S. I like the Cyclones chances in this game. :gocycs:

#2 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

After watching the JCA/LNA GAME yesrterday, I don't believe that there is a 5A / 6A team in the State that can stop our offence.  SSHS  may score.  They may even score more than MacArthur and Glenwood's 14, not that I think they will.  It would even be good if they did.  But the game will not be close in any real sense.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostOldFan, on 12 October 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

After watching the JCA/LNA GAME yesrterday, I don't believe that there is a 5A / 6A team in the State that can stop our offence.  SSHS  may score.  They may even score more than MacArthur and Glenwood's 14, not that I think they will.  It would even be good if they did.  But the game will not be close in any real sense.

All.... For me the JCA/Nazareth game is a tricky one in figuring out with a definitive conclusion. While it wasn't the most fluid battle to watch, a football field loaded with outstanding athletes on both squads going at it could cause a game with errors and penalties. I do know one thing, in my opinion both of those schools from what I saw have outstanding defenses that will give any team problems. But as always one game at a time. Ratsy

#4 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

There needs to be an investigation of SE football. They are using a coach from a Catholic school which somehow gives them a secret advantage over public schools. The IHSA needs to investigate.

Great story at SE.  Hope they somehow make the playoffs.

Edited by cyclops, 13 October 2014 - 11:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users