• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:12 PM

Anybody have any thoughts on two very interesting games? Chatham v Peoria ND and Rochester v Quincy ND? Does Chatham stand a chance? And Quincy has to be loaded for bear after some of the losses that Rochester has put on them over the years. Both NDs are out for revenge and how will CS8 fare in these games?
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#2 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:46 AM

I thought this topic might've at least brought some lurkers from out of the shadows but they're not very interesting games to readers of this board, I guess. I'd love to see both Chatham and Rochester win their games but who knows? Chatham has knocked out the Peoria teams the last two years but ND is a highly-ranked powerhouse this year and so Chatham has to be the big underdog. And Rochester is supposedly having a down year but tell that to Mt Zion----I think their heads are still spinning around. The last time Rochester went to QND I think they won late on a key interception in a mud bowl, didn't they? Exciting time of year for both pretenders and contenders.

#3 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:25 PM

QND has a new turf surface.  No more mud.  They've been up and down. One thing I found interestong is that of Rochester's four tough games, three (SSHS, DM & SHG) were on the road.

The Chatham game will be a throwback.  Both think the forward pass is for sissies.  Head butting time.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#4 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostOldFan, on 04 November 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

The Chatham game will be a throwback.  Both think the forward pass is for sissies.  Head butting time.

Love it. I might go to this one. If I knew how to upload a pic of George C Scott as Patton, or Robert Duvall as whomever it was he played in Apocalypse now, I would do so. I hope the weather is rotten. God I love it. If I say it's safe to surf this beach, it's safe to SURF THIS BEACH!

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 01:21 PM

All.... Not my stats, as it applies to Peoria Notre Dame the Irish throw 7.22 times a game with a completion rate of 3.89 with a grand total of 84.33 yards in the air. Rushing as it has been discussed a bit different. 35.67 rushes per game for a total on the ground of 315 yards. Ratsy

#6 Roamin' Catholic

Roamin' Catholic

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:23 PM

I'll save my heavy commentary for after the game, but, with the heat I'm taking for a less than well thought out comment have forced me to look elsewhere for entertainment, I guess.

Rochester* may very well be "down" by their standards, but they are not down for 4A football. That's all I was trying to say. The problem is there are still too many "ifs" that pop up for QND in this game.

Can they control the clock? Can the defense stop the pass and contain the run? Can these boys throw out the fear factor that comes with playing Rochester* who they’ve watched dismantle, at times, their brothers and friends in years past? It’s going to take a perfect game, as it almost always will during the Leonard era, for QND to beat Rochester*, even at home, and ESPECIALLY on turf. QND has more than a handful of very gifted athletes on the field this year, but the overall size and talent across the board at Rochester*, even minus the D1 signees in recent years, has been better than QND’s best since 2009. I’m just letting the boards know that no one at QND will have any excuses if they lose this game. We’re well aware that losing to Rochester* means you’ve been stung by the best. Again, for the umpteenth time this week, I will always support the Gold domes of Quincy Notre Dame, but at some point irrational thinking can create some raw unfiltered emotions. I prefer to keep those in check, as for the umpteenth time, I respect the hell out of Rochester* and it’s program. It’s the same respect I give SHG having never competed against them in the game of football. It’s mutual. We all know each other’s game quite well after 3 previous goes at this.

Good luck to all this weekend, Go Cycs, Go Irish, Go Raiders!
Pain is Temporary; Pride is Forever
Quincy Notre Dame Raider Football - Tradition is Everything
Connell Era Playoffs - '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15

#7 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

Please post updates if you're able to.

#8 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

Roamin', you make good points. All fair by my assessment.  Sometimes the reality is hard to take.  No question RHS is down, but also no question they will be one of the best prepared schools in the state.

All said, this may be the year to get over your hump.

#9 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:24 AM

Two ND wins..., JMO.

#10 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:06 AM

So much of this game depends on which version of each team shows up.  

Good QND whups bad RHS

Bad QND whupped by good RHS

Good QND vs good RHS  maybe leans Rochester

Bad QND vs bad RHS.   Interesting.  veddy interesting!
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#11 Roamin' Catholic

Roamin' Catholic

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

I will be updating on IHSS as well but will do quarterly updates on here as well.
Connell Era Playoffs - '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15

#12 Roamin' Catholic

Roamin' Catholic

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

Interesting listen on WGEM-SportsCenter today on AM 1440 here in Quincy. The boys had Rochester* coach Derek Leonard on the show today. Thought he was very clear in stating that QND will be tough and that his boys know QND will be tough. He really made it clear, also, that he's very aware of QND's glaringly obvious tactic coming into this football game, hold onto the ball and pound the gut eating some clock along the way. This varies a bit from QND teams in recent years. In '09 and '10 we had our best passing attack in school history with a decent QB and some outstanding athletes all over the field. That team wanted a shootout and wanted to score. The '11 QND team was fairly equal but more emphasis on the run, had a great option/running QB to match, however. This year's squad is the simplest form of football team you will ever see. They do one thing (nearly 90%) of the time, and that's run the football. They're going to dink, dive, chunk, nip, claw and scratch for 3-5 yards a play with the intention of eating as much clock as possible in the process. I've watched, myself, 13 drives of 15 plays or more this year for these boys. Each one with a few pass attempts sprinkled in, primarily playaction (which Derek mentioned, thus he's prepared) but the majority of the work was done by the hogs and our solid power back Daylin Anders. Anders is very much the same as many of QND's backs in the Connell era, big and built and would rather run through you than around you. We've had a few speedy guys (Michael Weiman '06-'07, Daniel Weiman '08-'10, and Nick Paul '04-'05). It should be a great game as always. I pray for us to get the best of them one time. No one deserves a trip to the title game more than Bill Connell and the QND Raiders. This may be one of the few bright opportunities QND has ever had to make a trip to the ship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users