• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

The Corn Belt would be a much better fit for them.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#22 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

Um, Oldfan...no one else can beat Rochester either (present company excluded)

How fast does Lincoln accept this offer...my guess is as - fast as is humanly possible.

#23 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Basketball will always be the first consideration in Lincoln, so that may slow down any jump. I don't see anywhere near the level of competition on the hardwood with the Corn Belt.

#24 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:56 PM

View PostBobby Hill, on 03 November 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Someone posted on IHSS that Corn Belt has meeting to consider Lincoln and Bishop Mac today. Anybody else hear I this is true?

Yeah, the Corn Belt is losing a couple of teams after this year. One of them is Mahomet Seymour and the other one escapes me at the moment. I've heard that Lincoln is interested. Certainly I'd like to see Lincoln leave but as Ratsy mentioned having that odd number of teams can cause scheduling difficulties. We'll see what happens.

#25 GHSGRAD77

GHSGRAD77

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

View PostOSUBucks, on 05 November 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

View PostBobby Hill, on 03 November 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

Someone posted on IHSS that Corn Belt has meeting to consider Lincoln and Bishop Mac today. Anybody else hear I this is true?

Yeah, the Corn Belt is losing a couple of teams after this year. One of them is Mahomet Seymour and the other one escapes me at the moment. I've heard that Lincoln is interested. Certainly I'd like to see Lincoln leave but as Ratsy mentioned having that odd number of teams can cause scheduling difficulties. We'll see what happens.

I think the other school is Eureka.

#26 GHSGRAD77

GHSGRAD77

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:36 PM

View Postcyclops, on 05 November 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Basketball will always be the first consideration in Lincoln, so that may slow down any jump. I don't see anywhere near the level of competition on the hardwood with the Corn Belt.

Agree completely. Basketball competition will drop to the level of CS8 schools playing Lincoln in football!

#27 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:37 PM

Its not just Rochester, Lincoln can't beat ANYBODY.  Even in the CB, they'll likely be bottom half in football, though, with BCC, U-high, Pontiac and Prairie Central. What I don't get is why the CB would consider B-Mac.

#28 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

All.... Recent news out Coach Bass done at Lincoln. Ratsy

#29 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:16 PM

All.... The Lincoln H.S. story continues to morph. Word out the Apollo now showing interest in getting them into the conference. Ratsy

#30 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

Longer drives for them in the Apollo vs the CB....

#31 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

All.... I believe it's only a matter of time before Lincoln makes the move. When is the BIG question. As was discussed and brought up in the past as well as on 1450 sports radio yesterday afternoon the conference will likely insist on a total separation. Not just football. Of course than you are back to that nine team conference where scheduling the one non con game (other than weeks 1 & 9) is very problematic and difficult.

What I would like to see is getting one of the Big 12 teams. At the moment they have 11 schools in the conference that has created their own scheduling issues. The team that I would to see join the CS8 is Bloomington. Rich in football tradition but a bit down the past few years. Call up Coach Schmelzer and see what he thinks. Maybe he would be open ready to try a different conference. Ratsy

#32 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:59 PM

Bloomington probably not.  They're in the same boat with Normal and Normsl West as we are with D186.  Rivalry (gates) and travel costs are paramount.  Pretty much the same issues for Cham-bana and Peoria.  If we have to have 10 teams, maybe we'll have to wait until Chatham splits.

#33 GHSGRAD77

GHSGRAD77

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

View Postcornerrat, on 20 November 2015 - 12:56 PM, said:

All.... I believe it's only a matter of time before Lincoln makes the move. When is the BIG question. As was discussed and brought up in the past as well as on 1450 sports radio yesterday afternoon the conference will likely insist on a total separation. Not just football. Of course than you are back to that nine team conference where scheduling the one non con game (other than weeks 1 & 9) is very problematic and difficult.

What I would like to see is getting one of the Big 12 teams. At the moment they have 11 schools in the conference that has created their own scheduling issues. The team that I would to see join the CS8 is Bloomington. Rich in football tradition but a bit down the past few years. Call up Coach Schmelzer and see what he thinks. Maybe he would be open ready to try a different conference. Ratsy

Bloomington's coach retired or resigned this year. They haven't been good lately.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users