33 replies to this topic

#21 BrokeDad

BrokeDad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

New Offense, new attacking defense, lots of skill position depth, small O and D lines, new coaches, a lot of variables at this time to worry about what their record might be. I want to see this team go out and compete. After playing two defending State Champs they play Lincoln, Jacksonville, and MacArthur.  I am really looking forward to this season

#22 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 09:46 AM

Oldfan, I saw the schedule on the 1450 preview at the bottom of the page. Their schedule sets up with Lincoln after the first two tough ones. If they can get right in that game...I was wondering if the SHS folks felt like the next two might be possible? Those two (DMc and Jacks) could be the difference between a great first year and maybe struggling.

#23 cycs54

cycs54

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

I think SHS will have and advantage just due to the fact they are the only ones that run the Triple option. Heard to prepare for when u don't see it much. Plus can put different wrinkles in just when a team.  The real key will be if the D can stop people.  Could be a 5-6 win season with stops in D, little penalties  but that is best case

#24 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

All.... The key will be how long it takes to learn and run that style of offense in a real live game. It looks easy but it's not. All the parts have to work correctly. With SHS playing the Cyclones in the opener I would assume the Senators coaching staff is confident that most of the kinks have already been worked out. Ratsy

#25 shsdad

shsdad

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

I think the triple option is pretty much dependent on a quarterback that can make quick decisions and then execute.  Whether the kid they have at QB is ready for this, I have no idea.  I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if this new coach has had the time to put things together well enough to avoid an 0-9 season, but I have paid so little attention the last couple years that my opinions aren't really worth much.

#26 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

Call me a cynic, but an unproven coach who was hired very late and is putting in a complicated and totally different offensive scheme DOES NOT sound like a recipe for success.  I expect that they'll be blasted in the first two games.  Teams I think they have even a slight chance of taking are Lincoln, Lanphier and the Decatur schools.  Call it five highly probable losses.   If they split the other four they match last year's 2-7 record.  

Anything is possible,  but at this point I feel like 3-6 would be a highly successful outcome.

Edited by OldFan, 18 August 2015 - 10:47 PM.

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#27 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

Channel1450.com and ihss.com seem to like SHS more than I do. I just looked at last years results and think that they better beat some of the teams after immediately week 2.  0-5, 1-4 is a good way for a coach to loose some of his creditability.  Knocking off Jacksonville in week 4 would be a huge boost. On the other hand, they did that last year and it didn't propel them to much of anything except 2-7.

#28 BrokeDad

BrokeDad

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:50 PM

Tonight was Senator preview night. I really think this team is going to surprise some people.

#29 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 12:55 PM

That's great to hear...what impressed you the most?

#30 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

View Postshsdad, on 18 August 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

I think the triple option is pretty much dependent on a quarterback that can make quick decisions and then execute.  Whether the kid they have at QB is ready for this, I have no idea.  I'll be surprised (pleasantly) if this new coach has had the time to put things together well enough to avoid an 0-9 season, but I have paid so little attention the last couple years that my opinions aren't really worth much.

All.... shsdad, as always you are cordially invited (as all fans are) if you happen to be in the area to stop by at the tailgate. The tent is easy to find and as always the "pirate" flag :winkwink:  will be proudly flying high.... Ratsy

#31 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:48 PM

I like what I've seen of Coach Gulley so far.  There are winnable games on SHS' schedule.  It'll be interesting to see how this develops.

#32 shsdad

shsdad

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

View Postcornerrat, on 24 August 2015 - 09:12 AM, said:

View Postshsdad, on 18 August 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

All.... shsdad, as always you are cordially invited (as all fans are) if you happen to be in the area to stop by at the tailgate. The tent is easy to find and as always the "pirate" flag :winkwink:  will be proudly flying high.... Ratsy
I probably won't make it there until after opening kick-off.  Maybe I'll stop by at halftime - if it's not a running clock!

#33 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:29 PM

I'm watching the educational channel feed.  Anyone know why SHS played Lincoln at Southeast's field?

#34 Bobby Hill

Bobby Hill

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

So after three weeks, is the SHS v Jax going to be a game or not?  I think SHS should be able to move the ball.  However, what are the chances of SHS duplicating some of SHG's success in stopping the crimsons offense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users