Good night
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#67 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

All....  Back from the game. Even with the four turnovers and that stud running qb for Crete (his stats in the paper tomorrow will be quite impressive) wreaking havoc the Cyclones had chances late to win. It just didn't happen....  7 on 7's I believe start in June. Ratsy

#68 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:30 PM

I found this item on the game in the Tribune. Crete rolled up a lot of yards on the ground and were well over 500 yards in total offense. The previous week PND and their Wing T had around 350 yards rushing. Rochester was over 200 yards on the ground against SHG. Even Chatham, in a down year, had around 180 on the ground against SHG. The warning signs about our defense, particularly the run D, were plain to see. I really saw this team as Semifinal worthy, just because the offense was so explosive and if SHG would have been strong with their ball security they likely would have gotten through to the next round despite the shortcomings on defense.
Expectations are always high at SHG but an 11-1 record and a trip to the Quarterfinals makes for a memorable season by most standards and this team was a lot of fun to watch. No team wins state every year so Congrats to the team for another CS8 Championship and successful season.

http://www.chicagotr...1115-story.html

#69 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:26 PM

Fortunately or unfortunately, our playoff hopes have ridden and will ride on the defense for the foreseeable future.  It's been one heck of a long time since our offense didn't put up enough points to prevent us from a championship.  With the system we have in place, and always talented kids, we'll score the points. Saturday, the offense coughed, yet still put 35 points up.  Should've been enough, but not this year.

Sometimes our D is very good, sometimes it's a project. Sometimes that project blooms, sometimes not. Still a great season, one that 95% of high school teams would take in a second.

#70 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

View Postcyclops, on 16 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

Fortunately or unfortunately, our playoff hopes have ridden and will ride on the defense for the foreseeable future.  It's been one heck of a long time since our offense didn't put up enough points to prevent us from a championship.  With the system we have in place, and always talented kids, we'll score the points. Saturday, the offense coughed, yet still put 35 points up.  Should've been enough, but not this year.

Sometimes our D is very good, sometimes it's a project. Sometimes that project blooms, sometimes not. Still a great season, one that 95% of high school teams would take in a second.

All.... One never knows and it's really not relative but the impact of the loss of James Obebe not on the team and what he was capable of especially on the defensive side makes one ponder what could of been.... Ratsy

#71 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:52 PM

View Postcornerrat, on 16 November 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

View Postcyclops, on 16 November 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

All.... One never knows and it's really not relative but the impact of the loss of James Obebe not on the team and what he was capable of especially on the defensive side makes one ponder what could of been.... Ratsy

We definitely could have used him on defense this year Rat. He was very fast and he was a thumper.

#72 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,000 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:15 PM

All.... Crete Monee defeats Hindsdale South 40-37. RB Clint Ratkovich 38 rushes for 227 yards and 2 td's. Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users