• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:02 AM

I am a life long fan of the program. 2 things are noticeable in the last seven years- Rochester fan base is more excitable and louder than the SHG crowd at games and SHG fans leave early when the Cyclones are losing in big games. Watched many leaving yesterday in the third and fourth quarters when it was evident we would lose to PR. These young men deserve our respect to the end, especially when it doesn't go our way. Cheer them on- get off your butts and get loud.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#2 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:53 AM

It's been going on longer than that. My daughter was a cheerleader for 4 years (varsity 2005,2006) at SHG and would tell me that with the exception of the student section it was hard to get the rest of the fans engaged into the game. They sit on their hands and expect to be entertained. If SHG doesn't blow away the competition they ask what's wrong with the team. SHG has been good for a long time but going back to around 2003 to the present they've taken it to a higher level and our fans have grown spoiled.

#3 cyks2591

cyks2591

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:08 PM

Trust me, it goes back much further than that.

#4 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

Can't disagree with anything said here. We've been so good for so long that many "fans" take our success for granted.

#5 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:47 PM

Not until the fans saw what a bad team really looked like in the fall of '98 did they start caring again when the wins came back around the '00 season. Since then the conference title and a deep run in the playoffs are expected. It's like being a fan of Alabama.

#6 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

View Postcyks2591, on 27 November 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

Trust me, it goes back much further than that.

Yep

#7 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

All.... Ahhh 1998 I made every game except Jacksonville. Even Crusader fans were yapping with glee that season. Ratsy

#8 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:51 PM

I remember the SHG/ Griffin faithful being quiet back into the 1980's. My point is that the Rocket faithful are a more passionate and energetic fan base that support their teams to the final whistle.
"Reclaim the Gold."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users