• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

An amazing year for the seniors and their parents.  They are disappointed today, and justly so.  

As a fan, however, with no skin in the game except my love of the program and my past years directly involved with it, or SHG, in one way or another (14 yrs ago now), this one isn't bugging me as much as the losses in 1995 and 2003 did.  Maybe it's because we lost to a better team, or maybe accuse SHG has won the last five appearances.  Not sure.

Don't get me wrong - I wanted to see them win, and never want to see them lose.  This class has done more than the vast majority of them.  Nice job!

I'm more than certain, however SHG will be back - many, many times.

#2 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:14 PM

I kind of feel the same way. A month ago I thought the best probable scenario was getting to the Finals but losing to Prairie Ridge. I never felt that the Cycs had a team that could beat PR. They got that big runner up trophy to add to the trophy case, they beat 4A Champ Rochester and won the CS8 again. It was a great season and this Senior class should be very proud!

#3 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Three little words bother me: yards after contact.

#4 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

View Postcyclops, on 27 November 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

Three little words bother me: yards after contact.

I hear ya brother. It's hard to do much about that playing 6A competition with 4A enrollment.

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,007 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:36 PM

All.... Oh and it gets better HasBeen. Now everyone knows my mantra is "one game at a time." So let's say SHG makes the playoffs next year. They win their first game.... they win their second game.... they win their third game.... they win their fourth game. Game five in DeKalb win or lose. The following year congratulations post-season (should they make it in) the Cyclones play in 7A. Selected discrimination this Catholic success tax. The IHSA I'm sure is proud of themselves for this rule. Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users