• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

All.... For the most part all of the big games are on the road.

The Cyclones have a lot of positions to fill but will once again have the best running attack in the conference. From what I saw of QB Sam Sweetland he is ready. Could of started for any other team in the conference this year as a sophomore in my opinion.  Excellent arm and a good runner. I assume his surgery went well. Spencer Redd is back  at the receiver slot and SHG always has newcomers ready to fill that position. While not as big the lines will still have decent size.

The defense will have new faces as well. Matt Brennesien will play a major role on that side of the ball.

I continue to hear the undefeated sophomore team was one of the better ones in recent years. One would assume many of them will play key roles on next years varsity team. Ratsy.

2017 Schedule

8-25 SHG @ Jacksonville

9-1 SHG @ Decatur (MacArthur)

9-8 Normal University @ SHG

9-15 SHG @ Chatham

9-22 SHG @ Lanphier

9-29 Southeast @ SHG

10-6 SHG @ Rochester

10-13 Springfield @ SHG

10-20 Decatur (Eisenhower) @ SHG

#2 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:52 PM

The late season oerformance of Joey Milbrandt was also a very good sign for the future.  And although he didn't see that much varsity action, what we saw of young Tabora was also a good sign.  I heard where Derek is graduating twenty seniors, including his two fifth year senior twins, so both of the big dogs in the conference should be pretty much on the same page.

Edited by OldFan, 01 December 2016 - 04:56 PM.

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

All.... I hope I'm wrong but I think for Normal University the transition into the CS8 at least for a awhile might be a difficult one. They do return Doug Holmes at qb who will be a three year starter. Here is his stats.

2015 (6-4) Games played 10. 90-183 1024 (.492) 6 td - 4 int. rushing 60 for -56.
2016 (3-6) Games played 8. 87-185 1213 (.470) 12td - 8int. rushing 62 for 257

Roster doesn't show many players although they do have a 300 pounder back that will be a junior. Ratsy

#4 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:45 PM

They have to be stronger than what they are replacing.  Will they challenge us or Rochester?  I don't know.  But the Springfield public schools and the weaker ofbtge Decatur schools will be immediately impacted.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users