• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

All.... The IHSA is now showing East St. Louis with an enrollment of 1289 listed in Class 7A. The Flyers have decided to "play up" once again and defend their title. Ratsy

#2 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:01 PM

All.... Chicago Phillips on the 3A/4A post-season cut line has decided to play up and be in 5A. This team has two very tough non con games. 8A finalist Loyola and Oak Lawn Richards a solid 6A playoff team in their EIGHT game schedule. This stacked team would of been favorites in 3A and 4A. Having said that they could be in 5A as well. Ratsy

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:40 PM

All.... The Flyers knock off 6A  New Lenox (Providence) 40-28. Ratsy

#4 Roamin' Catholic

Roamin' Catholic

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

Providence up this year? Or reloading?
Pain is Temporary; Pride is Forever
Quincy Notre Dame Raider Football - Tradition is Everything
Connell Era Playoffs - '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

All.... The Celtics play in one of the strongest if not toughest conferences in the state, the Catholic Blue. They also tend to schedule very competitive non con games. Last year they were down. This season NLP has quite a bit player wise coming back. Next week they play Kirkwood and then the real fun starts.

I see them going at least 5-4 but that week two game will be key.  Year in and out they usually have more playoff points than anyone in the state. Back in 2007 they came to Springfield at 5-4 and took on a 9-0 Cyclone team  beating them by a score. Always very dangerous in post-season play. Should they make the second season the Celtics will more than likely be in the "south" bracket of 16. Ratsy

#6 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:00 PM

Rat, the 2007 Cycs were 8-1. They lost their opener to Montini in a game that was played at Benedictine instead of Montini's home field. My wife and I drove up for there for that one. I agree with your main point that PC could be dangerous come playoff time.

#7 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

All.... That's right. I conveniently forgot. (lol) Out of I believe the ten times the Cyclones have played the Broncos they are 6-2 in regular season non con games and 2-0 in title matches Those two losses still kinda sting though.... Ratsy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users