• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:56 PM

All.... The Hilltoppers after going 1-8 last year defeat Geneva 34-27 in week one this season. This game really wasn't that close until that long time bugaboo pass defense arose. (and crappy bounces) Regardless this young but experienced team should they beat Wheaton North next week (they will) I feel will win at least three more games in the ESCC conference and easily qualify in the playoffs.

5A this year is wide open. They will be a force in post-season play. Ratsy

Edited by cornerrat, 26 August 2017 - 08:57 PM.

#2 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

All..... It's been awhile. Back in the top ten. Number 9 in the Class 5A poll. If they defeat Wheaton North this week who upset Warrenville South they will definitely move up once again. Ratsy

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:06 AM

All.... JCA goes down 27-7. Ratsy

#4 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

All.... The Hilltoppers lose to St. Patrick 30-29. It is now going to be very difficult for them getting into the playoffs. So much for my first post and theory.  :thinking:  Ratsy

Edited by cornerrat, 09 September 2017 - 09:36 AM.

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

All.... Niles (Notre Dame) 34 JCA 0. The Hilltoppers fall to 1-3. Ratsy

#6 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

I wonder if they are still running the double wing offense up there, and it f that is part of the problem. That, and of course, the dilution of talent, or however you want to phrase it-----a more even distribution of talent as fewer kids are attracted to private schools. It used to be they just pushed people around on the line and had great backs to carry the ball. But what I am wondering is does that still work, now that every school has the year-round weight training program and so many more sophisticated offensive schemes? Would like to hear from someone who knows. I used to post to their board years ago and felt quite welcome there, they seemed like a good bunch with a proud tradition but there seemed to be rumblings of discontent and finally the board went kaput and it sounds like the program has, too. I just wonder what if time has passed the old double wing by, as it has me. I went to most of the SHG jca games and never felt like SHG was even in one, except for when peterman was QB and still they stuffed us and our comeback hope. I really froze my fanny that day. That peterman bunch was sure a good team I thought.
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#7 ispaiu

ispaiu

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

I know speaking for myself, as one who long yearned for a cyclone victory over Joliet Catholic, the win over providence (dondanville, lantz, Walton, gilpin, Wilson) will just have to do. It was a soothing balm, and almost as good, just not quite the same thing. Darn good though. Mr cornerrat seems to somewhat share the obsession I once had for a cyclone hilltopper tilt that goes our way, but that increasingly looks like a pipe dream of yesteryear. Of which I have many and not just related to sport.
I offer absolutely zero educated insight

#8 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

All.... Hilltoppers get their second win over Woodstock (Marian) 21-13. Ratsy

#9 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:01 AM

All.... Nazareth 28 JCA 6. Hilltoppers fall to 2-4. They still have a shot of making the playoffs. Ratsy

#10 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

All.... Hilltoppers lose Saturday morning to Benet 17-14. That is loss number five and eliminates JCA from the playoffs for the second straight season.

I see from a poster on Edgys board they will return next season 9 starters on defense and 6 on offense. If they don't make the post-season that huge fan base of theirs will go even more nuts.... Ratsy

#11 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

Rat - I hope they make the playoffs next year and show up at our place when we’re back in 5A - then we finally get to paste their butt. Lol

#12 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

All.... Marist as expected pounds JCA 42-14.  Hiltoppers end the season 3-6.....  Ratsy

#13 cyclops

cyclops

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Sorry to hear it. Even though they worked us over, hard to see them fall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users