• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

All.... Trying to figure out where the Celtics will land in postseason play is quite difficult. With their last game against Chicago (Mt. Carmel) will they be 5-4 or 6-3. One thing I know for sure they will be in the southern bracket of 16 along with SHG.

Currently projected to finish at 6-3 and open up against Chatham. The rub here is what seed shift will occur if they finish 5-4.  NLP will have more playoff points then anyone in the state. A possible first round game with SHG. That could happen regardless of how they finish in the regular season if Chatham (they are on the 5A/6A cut line) drops into 5A.

KL stadium will be "rockin" with the most Catholics :bigsmile: ever to attend a game at SHG if it happens. As always.... :gocycs:  Ratsy

#2 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 01:36 PM

Providence Catholic started the season losing its first 2 games, one of those a road loss to East St Louis. They then ripped off 5 wins in a row, including wins over St Rita and Brother Rice. They lost last week to perennial 8A power Loyola. If they visit SHG in week 1, it would be a very tough 1st round draw for us. I think we would have a difficult time opening running lanes against these guys and I would rather not have to deal with the Celtics in the 1st round. I agree though that it would make for an exciting atmosphere.

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

All.... Mt. Carmel over  NLP 35-34. Celtics finish 5-4. Ratsy

Edited by cornerrat, 20 October 2017 - 11:42 PM.

#4 cycsfan2

cycsfan2

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

Oh boy. Well that will make things interesting..........

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 12:02 AM

All.... Yep.... Still can't figure out who the Celtics  will play in round one. Ratsy

#6 GHSGRAD77

GHSGRAD77

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:25 AM

cornerrat, on 21 October 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

All.... Yep.... Still can't figure out who the Celtics  will play in round one. Ratsy

They have a lot of playoff points, but they are 5-4. There will be a team with a low number by their name that won't be happy.

#7 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

Providence drew Oak Lawn Richards
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users