• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

All...Shg doesn't have its own stadium to put up a 2005 state championship sign and a banner in the gym is ok but SHG needs something else. How about a sign at the corner of Amos and Washington behind the backstop facing out at the intersection. I'd be willing to donate some to see it put up. Of course what will be fun is seeing one of the state signs on route 4. Whats everyone think?  Ratsy

#2 Steve

Steve

THE

• Admin
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:50 PM

I think there's an open spot at the intersection of Mansion Road and Route 4 (Piper Glen)..... :lol: .....

#3 03SHGgrad

03SHGgrad

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:51 PM

I think a sign at Amos and Washington would be great.  Also one right on the bricks of SHG.  I think that 1450 and Troxell and some other sponsers would throw down some ca$h for this to be done.

We should just build our own complex if the dioceses would let us and put a huge board where we will put this state championship and many more to come!!!

#4 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:19 PM

A sign is a great idea.

Amos and Washington however, is very near my place of work, and my son is at school a good part of the day at east campus.

When that sign gets hit by a nuclear weapon (and it will) I'm worried about collateral damage.

Can we move it over to just inside the fenced practice facility?

#5 captain'00

captain'00

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,647 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:27 PM

since its on the street corner, we could always have security cameras installed on the telephone poles.  or maybe an armed guard to watch it at all times.  i know a few former players who are now police officers, i'm sure they wouldnt mind.

Edited by captain'00, 30 November 2005 - 07:27 PM.

#6 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (03SHGgrad @ Nov 30 2005, 04:51 PM)
I think a sign at Amos and Washington would be great.  Also one right on the bricks of SHG.  I think that 1450 and Troxell and some other sponsers would throw down some ca$h for this to be done.

We should just build our own complex if the dioceses would let us and put a huge board where we will put this state championship and many more to come!!!

Good ideas, but I'd say we should either move one of those or add a third.  I'd like to see one hanging below the scoreboard at the practice field.  The every practice and every game, the youngsters would be reminded of what they should expect of themselves if they play for SHG.

Edited by OldFan, 30 November 2005 - 09:00 PM.

Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#7 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Teetime @ Nov 30 2005, 06:19 PM)
A sign is a great idea.

Amos and Washington however, is very near my place of work, and my son is at school a good part of the day at east campus.

When that sign gets hit by a nuclear weapon (and it will) I'm worried about collateral damage.

Can we move it over to just inside the fenced practice facility?

This made me think of when the school property was vandalized back in 03'.
If the word "Grifen" is spray painted on our championship sign we'll know who's responsible. :lol:

#8 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:03 PM

All... I thought about that after making the post about the sign, put it up on poles high enough so it could not be reached, let them throw things at it, that will give the sign more character... Ratsy

#9 Guest_SHSgrad_*

Guest_SHSgrad_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:51 PM

cornerrat:
Somebody must have heard you.....SHG congratulatory billboard on Chatham Road, west side of road, across from Qik N EZ.  As of this afternoon, not a single tomato stain or graffiti to be seen.

Edited by SHSgrad, 02 December 2005 - 09:16 PM.

#10 cycsis

cycsis

Bronze Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:30 PM

Steve Posted on Nov 30 2005, 05:50 PM
  I think there's an open spot at the intersection of Mansion Road and Route 4 (Piper Glen).....

Make it happen Steven!!

#11 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:57 PM

Every welcome to Springfield sign should have the home of the 2005 State 5A champions sign right underneath it. Quit wasting  money on signs for Chatham. They are now and forever insignificant.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#12 Z54

Z54

Forum Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Steve @ Nov 30 2005, 05:50 PM)
I think there's an open spot at the intersection of Mansion Road and Route 4 (Piper Glen)..... :lol: .....

[QUOTE]

Great idea, but the builder who owns the lots across from Glenwood's stadium happens to be a Griffin grad... just a thought  bigsmile.gif

#13 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:35 AM

[quote=Z54,Dec 5 2005, 11:35 PM] [quote=Steve,Nov 30 2005, 05:50 PM] I think there's an open spot at the intersection of Mansion Road and Route 4 (Piper Glen)..... :lol: ..... [/quote]
[QUOTE]

Great idea, but the builder who owns the lots across from Glenwood's stadium happens to be a Griffin grad... just a thought  bigsmile.gif [/quote]
Son, I LIKE your way of thinking.   :lol:
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users