• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:19 PM

All... I just heard the tail end of a conversation this morning on Sammys radio program on 1450. It seems that the mayor honored the Champion 2005 Football Cyclones and when everyone stood up to clap two alderman remained seated. As I said I got in on the end and did not hear which two, did anyone attend or watch this on acess cable. (Didn't see it don't like sitcoms.) Any details would be appreciated, this could of been just a simple oversight or maybe something more.....   Ratsy

#2 Guest_SHSgrad_*

Guest_SHSgrad_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:30 PM

Ratsy, I got this from Sj-R.com, there is a blog of the council meeting on that website:

We're called to order. The first order of business is to congratulate the Sacred Heart-Griffin football team, which won the Class 5A title Nov. 26. Coach Ken Leonard and the team are in the room, and Mayor Tim Davlin reads a proclamation declaring today SHG Football Team Day in the city of Springfield. Enjoy the final six hours of it.

That's all I know.  No smoking gun  :lol: in his observation anyway.

#3 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:35 PM

All... Thanks SHSgrad but what happened after that when everyone (or almost everyone) stood and clapped is what I'm interested in.   Ratsy

#4 03SHGgrad

03SHGgrad

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:42 PM

I know Ruppert and Nadel are on the pressbox today but I bet Rup knows whats up.  I dont know if he will trying to only field calls for Nadel or anything but I would call in and ask him.

#5 Pantherfan

Pantherfan

Gold Member

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Dec 7 2005, 06:35 PM)
All... Thanks SHSgrad but what happened after that when everyone (or almost everyone) stood and clapped is what I'm interested in.   Ratsy

I almost find that hard to believe. Why would you not stand up and recognize something that some hard working kids from your own community accomplished?

Were they perhaps graduates of an opposing school? Did they have relatives that played on Chatham Glenwood? Belong to the wrong political party?  funnypost.gif

Regardless, these two Aldermen are fine examples.  doh!.gif

Edited by Pantherfan, 07 December 2005 - 11:07 PM.

Official Site of the JCHS Panthers Football Team:  http://pantherfb.blogspot.com/

Like us on Facebook at:  http://www.facebook....201664909866920

#6 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:44 AM

Pantherfan

Being from the 'sticks'. you are cheated out of the absolute idiocy available only to an elected city government.  Springfield has a non-partisan city council (meaning their support from the party comes in the form of unsigned cashier's checks).  Ringling Brothers' clowns, at the height of their talent, could not hope to match the antics of Springfield's "elected" representatives.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#7 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:33 PM

By the way, did anyone get the NAMES of the two alderpersons who didn't stand?

We can elimainate a few as CBHS or GHS grads - but not all.  Some folks in these idiots' wards might like to have this information later on...

#8 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:41 PM

All... I agree Oldfan someone out there in internet land has to know or can contact someone that does. Maybe I'll call Kevin on his show tonight and ask.  Ratsy

#9 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

I don't think I would make that call.

Those are the kinds of things that make other folks around here roll their eyes and think to themselves "what buttholes".

What possible difference does it make if they stood or not?

Who cares?

Maybe they just are not fans.

Would our kids stand-up if a priest came into the room?

#10 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:05 PM

All... Roll your eyes all you want Teetime.... I already made the call, Kevin was aware of it and had been asked who the two were, as I just did. He is trying to check into it.   Ratsy

#11 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

crazy.gif <----------My eyes usually roll like this Ratsy.

#12 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

Gotta add this - its too good to miss.

Dave Bakke's SJ-R column yesterday was about the non-productive city council meeting on Tuesday.  In in he quoted Bismarck "If one wants to enjoy sausage or to respect the laws, he should be careful not to observe either being made."

#13 abruzzi51

abruzzi51

Elite Member

• Up In Heaven
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:28 PM

And I'd like to quote Shakespeare..."Much Ado About Nothing".

#14 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

The aldermanic form of government has been a joke since day one. Next thing you know, they will try to ban smoking in town as well.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#15 JCCYCS1

JCCYCS1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:31 PM

Maybe those two just filled up their Depends and couldn't get up. I know the Chathamites have been doing that since the 26th!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users