5 Runner-ups - 16% of runner-ups
2 All-Catholic Finals

Class 4A

Of 32 title games played in 4A

19 Catholic Champs - 59% of titles
6 Runner-ups - 19% of runner-ups
2 Catholic Finals
Catholics have won last 7 4A titles and 13 of last 16

*Hey Addison Driscoll Catholic, See you in 5A next year!

Class 5A

Of 32 title games played in 5A

18 Catholic Champs - 56% of titles
12 Runner-ups - 38% of runner-ups
7 All-Catholic Finals
Catholics have won last 8 5A titles and 12 of last 16

Class 6A

Of 26 title games played in 6A

8 Catholic Champs - 31% of titles
3 Runner-ups - 12% of Runner-ups
Catholic have won 4 of last 5, would of been 5 for 5 if JCA didn't get hosed in playoff seedings!

Class 7A/8A

0/5 and 0/5, 1 Runner -up(this year Mt. Carmel finished 2nd in 7A) -only Catholic team to reach a final since 7A/8A were added in 2000.  This wouldn't of happened
if Ottoplier hadn't been added.

Morris should of had to play Mt. Carmel in 6A - so you see the Ottoplier did work  for Morris.  They beat JCA, struggled with Normal and didn't have to play Mt. Carmel.

Now, SHG benefited because Morris and JCA moved to 6A so Ottoplier helped us as well.

Overall,

Catholics have won 73 out of 196 title games or 37%

Catholics have finished as Runner-ups 17% of time(33 out of 196)

Total Hardware taken home by Catholics:

106 out of 392 of State Finals/Runner-up trophies have been taken by Catholics or
27% of IHSA Hardware belongs to the Catholics

Now in comparison:

I live in Indiana:

There are 5 classes over here and Catholic schools aren't big enough for 5A -yet, They are calling for a Ottoplier over here as well!

Quick notes on Catholic success over here in Indiana:

Catholics have won

6 of last 10 in 4A
18 of last 23 in 3A
4 of last 6 in 2A

Anybody see a pattern here - Tradition and Hardwork payoff!

Hope you all have enjoyed my ramblings!

Later!

#2 Teetime

Teetime

Platinum Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:50 PM

Those are interesting figures. Thanks for posting them.

I have seen on another site your contention that the multiplier had something to do with Morris's move to 6A.

I don't see how.

It looks to me like under the new rule (2006) that the IHSA will put in place after the voting is closed, the 5A teams would be exactly the same in 2005 as they were under the old rule. It even looks like Driscoll would stay in 4A under the new rule. They just would go from a small 4A to a large 4A.

Edited by Teetime, 09 December 2005 - 04:12 PM.

#3 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Teetime @ Dec 9 2005, 01:50 PM)
Those are interesting figures. Thanks for posting them.

I have seen on another site your contention that the multiplier had something to do with Morris's move to 6A.

I don't see how.

I agree

Morris didn't play any Catholic schools in the regular season (they're adding JCA next year) so none of their opponents were multiplied and therefore no multiplied enrollmants played into their football enrollment.

If anything, the multiplier ALMOST forced Morris down into 5A, as multiplied schools like JCA were put into place above them.  They were the 6A bubble tem as it was.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#4 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:55 PM

Morris in 5A next year? Very interesting. No John Dergo? SHG back with a great deal of their talent from this year? I like our chances.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#5 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:25 PM

All... Morris was the smallest 6A team last year, anything can happen bump wise at playoff time and its hard to tell till almost the last moment but I think Morris will still go 6A. There are a couple of Morris fans that are on this site, they should be able to provide some input but I hear the Redskins school enrollment will most likely be up next year. Ratsy

#6 4A(6afornet)north

4A(6afornet)north

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:high school sports

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:35 AM

Morris actual enrollment will probably be the same or a little less than last year.I think on the date they used this past September,Morris enrollment was about 20 less than the year before,
Football enrollment will be a different story.If(when or whatever) the multiplier takes effect Morris will be affected by JCA numbers.That's just the tip of the iceberg.The schools in the conference are just exploding with new students.Minooka for example has had over 200 new students since May of this year enroll.The Plainfield situation is just as bad.I think they have just broke ground for a 4th high school.
I would seroiusly expect them to fall closer to the middle in 6A next year.

Hey roncalli.......explain this:

"Class 6A

Of 26 title games played in 6A

8 Catholic Champs - 31% of titles
3 Runner-ups - 12% of Runner-ups
Catholic have won 4 of last 5, would of been 5 for 5 if JCA didn't get hosed in playoff seedings!"

not that it's a right system,but they use playoff point to determine seeds.Morris had more than JCA.What's your problem??

Maybe they should of complained that 11 teams in 5A had bigger enrollments yet they were 6A.........Nope.Morris chose to play the bigger schools and played where the system put them.Same system that seeds teams.

Also not so sure Mt Carmel would of beat Morris anyway.Didn't see anybody run on them this year ....did you?????JCA went to air to score......Plainfield went to air to score,Normals lone tD was set up by passing play.

Why not just give a little credit to Morris for winning the 6A title.

#7 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 03:58 PM

All... I give you credit "4A" but as for Mt. Carmel......I guess we will never know.   Ratsy

#8 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

I will give credit to Morris. They beat every team they played on the field. Then again, so did SHG. No credit should be taken from the cyclones. gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#9 4A(6afornet)north

4A(6afornet)north

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:high school sports

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (JFLdadGHS87 @ Dec 11 2005, 06:42 PM)
I will give credit to Morris. They beat every team they played on the field. Then again, so did SHG. No credit should be taken from the cyclones. gocycs.gif

Exactly.....Hats off to the Cyclones clap.gif  :super:

They along with Morris are 2 programs that owe no one apologies.Played the games where they were placed and won the 5 game post season tourney.

#10 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:00 PM

How will Morris fare in a quarterfinal road game in Fall 2006 if they travel to Springfield to play the defending State 5A state champions? P.S., I love how that sounds, defending state champions. gocycs.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#11 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:20 PM

All... I don't see it happening , I still think SHG will be 5A and Morris 6A but you never know.... It would be an interesting game.  Ratsy

#12 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (cornerrat @ Dec 13 2005, 12:20 PM)
All... I don't see it happening , I still think SHG will be 5A and Morris 6A but you never know.... It would be an interesting game.  Ratsy

Ratsy: Just when you think the IHSA has maximized its ability to be absurd, they outdo themselves. Never say never!
"Reclaim the Gold."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users