• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:37 PM

Just noticed it yesterday - but the billboad accross from the Quick N Easy that faces the Washington and Chatham intersection has a big SHG logo on it with the congrats to Coach Leonard and the 2005 Cycs . . . nice . . . very, very nice . . .

That one has to make so many people happy . . . and many others angry . . . I love it!!!!

#2 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:15 PM

I cannot wait to see the addition of the signs entering SPRINGFIELD with the population, etc.
"Reclaim the Gold."

#3 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:04 AM

The billboard went up within a day or two of the Championship game.  Since ordering and designing something like that on a weekend would have been an issue, SOMEBODY was VERY confident heading into the game (OK, we all were, but didn't want to tempt fate by admitting it  bigsmile.gif )

Where will the road signs be erected?  Please tell me one of them will be on Route 4 at the south city limits.  Please.   dance.gif

Petersburg Porta with their great X-country tradition has a great idea.  As each sign is superseded by a new one, the older one is fastened to a wooden fence lining the school's main driveway.  THat way, anyone visiting the school gets treated to the full sequence as they drive in.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#4 abruzzi51

abruzzi51

Elite Member

• Up In Heaven
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:38 PM

They not only had to be very confident, but also have very deep pockets.  I know the school didn't put up that sign.

#5 HasBeen

HasBeen

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (abruzzi51 @ Dec 18 2005, 01:38 PM)
They not only had to be very confident, but also have very deep pockets.  I know the school didn't put up that sign.

Hmmm . . .

I doubt the school would have put it up . . . in fact . . . I hope the school did not put it up . . . . don't take this the wrong way - billboard advertising is expensive . . . I am sure . . . well . . . know many (probably hundreds) of parents who fight to pay tution each year, as well as people who have given four, five or six figures to SHG . . . would find it a less-than-responsible use of funds.

I love it though!!! Wherever it came from . . . thanks!!!  It really is, on the other hand, a great advertising and PR tool for SHG.

PS - You would be suprised at the depth of some pockets you would never expect to be so, and the lack of depth in some you thought would be very deep.  Just the observation  of someone who worked in fundraising for seven years . . . almost 5 1/2 at SHG . . .

Edited by HasBeen, 18 December 2005 - 03:23 PM.

#6 Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

Sports Radio 1450 put that up.  My guess is they made quite a bit of money off that championship (and the season) games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users