14 replies to this topic

#1 Cyclone1

Cyclone1

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:42 AM

The Team will have the Championship Ring Ceremony This Saturday between the JV and Varsity Basketball game against Bloomington.  (Somewhere around 1 - 1:30) I have heard the rings look awesome!!

#2 61cycs05

61cycs05

Forum Member

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:03 PM

Coach has been tempting all the players by not showing it  to us but everyone else he even showed my family and not me

#3 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 11:04 PM

Went to the game and the ring ceremony today.

Good outcome, SHG's roundballers beat a more-or-less favored Bloomington team by three in overtime.

Ring ceremony was nice - the new wall banner was unfurled to take it's place on the honor wall alongside the other state championships and awards that the Cyclones and Blazers have won down the decades.  We need a lot more wall than the pretenders down route 4.

Ron Sanders was there selling the 2005 game DVDs he's worked so hard on.   I bought one more than I had intended - just couldn't resist owning my own copy of Dapper Danny Rourke generously showing the deputy the way to the Lanphier locker rooms.

What I'd love to have shown the dear folk from Cheatham and Trailerville was one part of the ring ceremony.  Only the dozen or so seniors were handed theirs' individually.  Afterward, Coach Leonard asked the sophomores and freshmen to step forward and a couple of dozen boys stepped forward.  Then he called for the juniors - and a whole lot more stepped up.  This year's rings were very nice - maybe next year's will be as good.  2006 will be a long season for the rest of the CS8.
Respect ALL  . . . Fear NONE

#4 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:43 AM

I went to the game today and I was thinking the same thing you were Old Fan.
There were indeed a lot of juniors and some of them should be little bigger by September. It's hard to win a state championship and  it's even harder to win back to back. Sometimes a team is a little less hungry once they've reached the top and this team will have a big target on it's back from day one this time around.
The part about being less hungry in 06' will not be problem. The guys realize that they have a real opportunity here and they have a great desire to successfully defend their title. If we don't have bad luck with injuries in 06' I think that we'll be a handful for anyone in 5A.
Also when Bobby B winged that length of the floor pass to Reavy for a layup I thought to myself.. the arm looks fine and will crank out another 3000 yards this season.

#5 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (OSUBucks @ Feb 11 2006, 10:43 PM)
Also when Bobby B winged that length of the floor pass to Reavy for a layup I thought to myself.. the arm looks fine and will crank out another 3000 yards this season.

Lord, but that was beautiful!  Standing on one foot, right hand oustretched beyond the baseline, and there was Number 9 (ok, 11) streaking down the sidelines wide open.  Touchdown!

Even in another sport, the Cyclone beat goes on.

#6 SportsFan

SportsFan

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:32 PM

Yea they were the 2nd team in the conference to win a ring.

#7 05Cyclone

05Cyclone

Forum Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

One fluke season in one of the most down season in state and SHG  history does not make a dynasty. Were doing just fine with our six straight CS8 Championships and our complete ownership of the Redskins in both football and basketball.  Our new rings our gorgeous. How our the tittens soccer rings, because I heard they weren't as nice? Also, when is Rourke eligible to return to the sidelines again?
dance.gif   gocycs.gif

#8 cycs5187

cycs5187

Silver Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:34 PM

Is this going to be the new standard Chatham reply now that you cant fall back on being the only team to win a state championship? Just let me know now so I can skip over all of the posts by Chatham fans during game week next year.

I will take 1 state championship and 4 2nd place trophies, over 1 state championship a few other playoff APPEARANCES. Get a clue.

#9 OSUBucks

OSUBucks

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 02:31 AM

I hear ya 5187. I guess their battle cry will now be "we won ours first".

#10 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:48 AM

Hey, fellas, play nice.  It's tough to be a Titten these days.

They did have a championship - once- in the Cyclones' down year.  It's getting more than a bit tarnished by now.  What they DON'T have are all of the State seconds, semifinals, quarterfinals, and the like that show up on SHGs honor wall.

Oh, yeah, and after next year they won't even have the conference career passing record anymore.  Along about the time they get whomped by the Cyclones, Bobby B will blow Juergens' record into past with their other sole football accomplishment.

Don't pay too much attention to the yappy little guys - they're all bark and very little bite.

#11 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (SportsFan @ Feb 17 2006, 03:32 AM)

All... Kind of a strange post from someone that graduated from Southeast, moved to Chatham and declared "all of us down here are not snooty." I guess this individual has joined the club... Ratsy

#12 gusdog

gusdog

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (SportsFan @ Feb 17 2006, 03:32 AM)

So, you fellas can count.

What a pleasant surprise.

#13 JFLdadGHS87

JFLdadGHS87

Elite Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:19 PM

I still haven't figured out what is more annoying: those goofy milk jugs (which are better with beer in them) or the fools that post here. Wait a second, let's use some IPHSA logic here. The fools are posting using the fifth amendment. I know, I know, the right to self-incrimination is not the same as free speech. If you think about it, their posts incriminate them as losers. As far as the milk jugs, well, I hate seeing "loyal" SHG fans doing the same. Please stop as you look as foolish as the Greenweed fans. After much deliberation, both are guilty. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. The Titten fans who post here are fired. Goodbye. puke.gif
"Reclaim the Gold."

#14 OldFan

OldFan

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (JFLdadGHS87 @ Feb 17 2006, 09:19 PM)
As far as the milk jugs, well, I hate seeing "loyal" SHG fans doing the same.

What you're missing is that there's a significant difference between their milk jugs and ours.

Ours don't get put away after the first playoff game.  Also, ours don't have a disturbing tendency to fall silent when we're playing THEM.

#15 cornerrat

cornerrat

Forum V.I.P.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:51 AM

All... Careful JFLdadGHS87 as the milk jugs pertain to SHG that is that group known as the "milk jug mama's" territory.  :shocked:  You don't want to mess with them, I was "chastised (albeit very graciously) which sent this rodent scurrying for cover after posting something inane about the racket those jugs make at the game.... Ratsy    P.S. I didn't know jug beer was still available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users